Source for point up die ejection pin material

I had a brain fart while pointing up some bullets, I placed a seated core upside down on the punch and pulled the handle. :eek:
I hate to admit that I have done this before. The previous time(s) I have done this, I put a sheet metal screw into the core and pulled it out with a pair of vice grips. This one was different! It was a very difficult extraction. In the process I tried to use the ejector pin to help remove the bullet from the die. That was a bad idea as I buggered up the end of the ejector pin. I need a source for some .060" hardened material to make a new pin. I spent a couple hours searching web sites including McMaster-Carr and came up with nothing. 1/16 is easy to find. The .060" stuff is eluding me. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Earl

Earl, If pin is 2" or less in length a standard gage pin works. They do make longer but you would have to order from pin mfg.

Point up die ejection pin material

Earl Horgeshime,

I have some .062 spring steel wire that I used to make an ejection pins for my Blackmon dies. If it will work I will send you 6"

john
Mims,Fl.

Thanks for the offer but I also have some dies from Dr Blackmon and have had to make a new ejector for them several years ago.. As I said in the original post, the 1/16 (.0625) stuff is easy to find. George and Mike put me on to what I need (.060) and it should arrive here next week. I may still just send the die to someone that knows more about them than I do. I really dont want to screw it up worse than it already is.

Back