Sorry To Have To Post This

I have belonged to the UAW,Steelworkers,Mineworkers,and OCAW.
Was a Local President in the Steelworkers. Back in 1980, I sat in a negociation with the Steelworkers where the company offered us as much in the first offer as we had planned to ask for total. My response was let's vote yes and go home. The Western Regional VP for the Steelworkers told me I was unfit to represent my Local with that attitude. My response was will you support my family when this company closes my operation because the weight of this contract crushes them. I also told him if we got the NEW number they thought they needed we would lose our jobs in a year. He sent me home. They got their NUMBER.

We lost our jobs 5 months later. Then that same Union told us they would not fight for the severance pay we were owed because they didn't want to hurt their locals who still had jobs.

I buy American. I could care less it it's made by the Union.

We

General discussion

4mess I followed that link and I guess you are correct. I am now a little less confused. This whole subject is embarrising to the Union members who show up to work on time and only ask from there Employers to comply with the contracts they agreed upon.

Back