Sooo, I CAN use an "X" bag for he front?

Somebody post a picture of an "X" bag....please...

8Ubxvf5l.jpg

Hey Andy

I like your avatar :)

So much I just drove out and took a picture from my driveway.......

20190308_125707.jpg

There are more, much more politically incorrect signs further in but this is what everyone sees who drives in. It's on the road leading out to the 300yd butts

Is a varmint "X" bag "guiding means?"
No, but it MAY have a couple of other issues. One is whether severa compartments sewn together is a bag...singular. I think that it could be argued that it is, but of course that would not be up to me. The other is whether it makes contact across the whole botttom of the stock. I do not have A Bulls X bag so this is conjectutre. It would seem to me that this would depend on how tightly the upper lobes are filled. If I were going to try to shoot a match with one of those bags, I would simply call the match director and ask him if it would be OK, quick and direct.

No, but it MAY have a couple of other issues. One is whether severa compartments sewn together is a bag...singular. I think that it could be argued that it is, but of course that would not be up to me. The other is whether it makes contact across the whole botttom of the stock. I do not have A Bulls X bag so this is conjectutre. It would seem to me that this would depend on how tightly the upper lobes are filled. If I were going to try to shoot a match with one of those bags, I would simply call the match director and ask him if it would be OK, quick and direct.

How many of your bags have only one compartment ? :)

Annnd.... match directors sure do vary in their interpretation of the rules! I once was at a match and my Light gun came in an ounce over weight. I was told "we'll let this slide, but if you shoot a record it'll be disallowed" so I replied "but I've still got my turret covers and a scope cover on!" I took them off and was well under weight and there was STILL an argument! (Not with me, nor by me, I just walked away)

3 times "calling the match director" hasn't worked for me.

Last NBRSA 600yd match I was at I called ahead "do I need to remove my tuner brake?"

"NO BRAKES allowed on this range"

Got to the match, the guy next to me was shooting a brake

The match director has no final say - he could approve/disapprove, however, the final decision would be entirely up to the referees. ;) RG

The match director has no final say - he could approve/disapprove, however, the final decision would be entirely up to the referees. ;) RG

Of course you are correct. I said match director because his contact information is usually published prior to the match, and assume that he would be able to come up with an answer. If one disagrees with a local decision there are procedures provided to challenge it.

The man who's stepped up to direct NBRSA Matches here, now, is a peach.....

I know it's a bitter and thankless job, a real funsucker and he manages to keep his head up and I appreciate him for it. But not all people are as comfortable in their own skin as he is, some of them get sideways when everything isn't "just like it always was"

And I'm the guy who shows up with weird stuff, and... at this point in my life, always unprepared (I had a March 8-80 rolling acros't the bench during the sighter period couple matches ago! Had barrels off both guns night before match, re-chambered one of them.....Kinda' fergot to tighten 'er all back up LOL!!)

I also had a forge fan https://smile.amazon.com/Crank-Blac...rge+blower&qid=1552150918&s=hi&sr=1-1-catcorr mounted up in a box driven by a cordless DeWalt and pushing air thru a vacuum cleaner hose for cooling my gun.

It sounded like a concrete truck unloading Con Ag...... forever...... made people look around nervously and shuffle their feet. He didn't disallow it, didn't even laff at it :) but he let me borrow his fan! (I bought one on the way home... his fan was a Good Idea I hadn't thought of)

Anyways... All's I'm saying is "I Love This Stuff" and I'm trying to avoid this sort of conflict on Fun Day.

SIDENOTE, HELP .... could someone please tell me whether or not the (forge) link I provided "puts you into my Amazon ordering acct?"

I THINK my computer's just auto-googling the connection because it's designed by silly people..... but if this link provides an open gateway into my acct I'll delete it "If It's Not Too Late!!"

SIDENOTE, HELP .... could someone please tell me whether or not the (forge) link I provided "puts you into my Amazon ordering acct?"

I THINK my computer's just auto-googling the connection because it's designed by silly people..... but if this link provides an open gateway into my acct I'll delete it "If It's Not Too Late!!"

You’re good to go, I started an order and it came up on my account. Not yours. Darn!

I have one of them crank fans. it belonged to moms dad. he was a blacksmith in southern ohio.

as a kid I cranked it while dad made iron work for a wagon.

Well a match directors job

The man who's stepped up to direct NBRSA Matches here, now, is a peach.....

I know it's a bitter and thankless job, a real funsucker and he manages to keep his head up and I appreciate him for it. But not all people are as comfortable in their own skin as he is, some of them get sideways when everything isn't "just like it always was"

And I'm the guy who shows up with weird stuff, and... at this point in my life, always unprepared (I had a March 8-80 rolling acros't the bench during the sighter period couple matches ago! Had barrels off both guns night before match, re-chambered one of them.....Kinda' fergot to tighten 'er all back up LOL!!)

I also had a forge fan https://smile.amazon.com/Crank-Blac...rge+blower&qid=1552150918&s=hi&sr=1-1-catcorr mounted up in a box driven by a cordless DeWalt and pushing air thru a vacuum cleaner hose for cooling my gun.

It sounded like a concrete truck unloading Con Ag...... forever...... made people look around nervously and shuffle their feet. He didn't disallow it, didn't even laff at it :) but he let me borrow his fan! (I bought one on the way home... his fan was a Good Idea I hadn't thought of)

Anyways... All's I'm saying is "I Love This Stuff" and I'm trying to avoid this sort of conflict on Fun Day.

can be as you described, but it doesn't have to be. As one, the biggest issue is help. When it doesn't happen you are correct. When members of the host club roll up their sleeves and help with setting target frames, tearing down, scoring and a few other attendees help run the line and shag targets its great! Its all in the help or lack of.

can be as you described, but it doesn't have to be. As one, the biggest issue is help. When it doesn't happen you are correct. When members of the host club roll up their sleeves and help with setting target frames, tearing down, scoring and a few other attendees help run the line and shag targets its great! Its all in the help or lack of.

Thank You for what you do..... And I will say this, 99% of the time the folks at the matches both help AND express their appreciation. It's when things get a wee bit sideways that feelings can flare.

Example;

I have a machinist/pilot friend who was building/competing/winning and he recruited a super-close buddy (they'd served together) who was confined to a chair. Buddy was getting into BR, loving it. They'd bring some plywood for him to wheel up on, all good BUT.... a couple other members brought little yappy dogs that, ummm.... "left their feces" wheresoever they wanted. And he'd get it on his hands......NOT JUST ONCE.....and no hope of changing things...... and it turned into a situation I'd not want to have had to handle as a Match Director.

I appreciate folks who've served,

And I appreciate Match Directors :)

it ain't just shooting ;)

So I just bought a couple trucks and am setting them up for this years Tuff Trucks competition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOtSehicYRU and I chose to try one of them as a 2WD..... less to break in the front end.

Rear is locked, but I need traction..... and paddles are not allowed. Rules state "tires must be street-legal"

So, I want to use snow chains.

So, I called the rules lady..... "well nobody's ever DONE IT, so it must be illegal."

So she called more committee members...... "well it MUST be illegal, because I've never seen it"

So they all got together and decided........ "well, it's a STUPID idea anyways! Probably wouldn't even work!"

So they told me "no"...... "on principle"

LOL!!!

Maybe I'll run studs just for spite..... since they ARE legal in this state.....unlike all the cold states.

Big Gnarly Caulks from Woods Logging Supply.........

:)

Back