Smoothing up a rifle action

Use Mobil 1 0-20 on the bolt body and Mobil 1 grease on the lugs and cocking ramp...... slicker than snot on a door knob.... Jim

I am currently chambering a nitrided Borden BRM. It is the smoothest (least prone to bind) BR action I've ever handled.

I am currently chambering a nitrided Borden BRM. It is the smoothest (least prone to bind) BR action I've ever handled.

I use a Borden also BRMXD and I still use Mobil 1 on it. it was recoated and it does wear off. The oil and grease prolongs the life of the coating he uses..... jim

I use a Borden also BRMXD and I still use Mobil 1 on it. it was recoated and it does wear off. The oil and grease prolongs the life of the coating he uses..... jim

Notice I said smooth-EST :)

Still ain't smooth like no 30-40 Nardviggian Kragg..... nor even a Finnlander T3 built today for that matter

Got the Anschutz stuff. Applied according to instructions.
Kroil is slipperier. Next would be Steve Theye's bolt lube.

Notice I said smooth-EST :)

Still ain't smooth like no 30-40 Nardviggian Kragg..... nor even a Finnlander T3 built today for that matter

Mine is really smooth after the cocking ramp was done and it was coated again. The two you say are smooth but won't shoot with the Border, so to get something you give up something ...... Jim

Back