Sinclair benchrest forend extender

B

Bench 1

I was wondering if anyone has used the sinclair benchrest forend extender. If so can anyone help with how it is supposed to mount to the stock. I just got it and I am not sure how the brackets that it came with is supposed to work.

Unscrew your front sling screw and mount the adapter with the screw provide in the same hole. Use the rubber sticky tabs on point of high contact to minimize marks on your stock from the adapter. It is a little tricky to slide the adapter mounts in from each side to keep everything centered and straight with the stock. First time I mounted mine if had very poor tracking on my rest. After close inspection I realized I had it running parallel to the taper of one side of the stock and the entire adapter was not straight. Live and learn. Bulky, but works well.

Luck, Tim

Here are some pics if this helps. Tim

IMG_3528.jpg

IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3532.jpg

Thanks Tim but the rest you have is not the same one that I have. This one is the other model that sinclair sells its smaller and has skids on each side with 2 mounting holes one for sling and one for bipod. thanks alot for replying.

The only problem is I dont know what accessory rail. I dont have one and they dont mention that it would need to be purchased seperatly. I really dont even have a clue what to look for. Maby I am missing something here.

How about a Pic. of what you have or the page number in Sinclair's catalog that someone can look at.

Ok... I think I get understand know. You have the Sinclair adapter that zippy referenced from Sinclair. It requires you have an accessory rail mounted in your stock. Here is an example of one from a vendor (SSS). I have this same rail mounted in my John Deere green stock to the right on the pic above.

View attachment 12057

Without the accessory rail, you need the forearm adapter I showed from Sinclair.

Luck, Tim

Hey Tim thanks for the help. Where did you get the accessory rail you have on the green stock? I reaaly think they should send it with it or atleast be more discriptive about what you will need and tell where to get it. I almost want to send it back to them and make my on again. Thanks again for your help.

Sinclairs web site go to shooting accessorys its on page number 2 top right picture sinclairs benchrest forend adapter. Thanks

Back