Silencers and/or suppressors

then you should

noise.

trying to preserve what little of the hearing that's left.

get the best custom fit ear plugs and buy 30+ db ear muffs. And wear them around all loud noise.

Suppression will not do what you want and will not allow BR accuracy.

David;
I have two pair of ear plugs that were custom made by a professional that made from warm poured wax and carved with the electronic enhancement inside...They are very good, but
that is the least of my worries at the present.. I am wanting to pull down the muzzle blast from the 300 mag blast to one that is greatly concealed as to my position.. Also; the
silencer and or suppressor (which are one and the same thing) that I want to use will NOT effect the accuracy in ANY way what so ever.. Once that bullet passes the muzzle, it is not touched by anything until impact.

The crown, nothing is effected or touched in any way.. At less distance shooting, 1 to 400 yards, the same groups are achieved, with or without the silencer/suppressor!! My hearing is
NOT effected in any way!!!!

David, I want to thank you for your input into my problem??

Dallas

What kind of suppressor do you have? Ive never seen a suppressor or read about one that didnt affect accuracy or point of impact.

Dusty;
I am here to tell you that you have been severily ms-lead from whoever told you that...

Take a good look at this site!! I will not say which silencer that I got but there are several to pick from..

Mine is registered through a Corporation and it was much easer..

Give Thunderbeastarms.com a call and talk with them...1-307-287-2052 I trusted them explisidly and they didn't even suggest any kind of BS

good shooting

Dallas

Last edited by a moderator:
Dusty

If you already have a thunder beast on two of you rifles??? Then your last question to me was Bull ..

Dallas

Dusty - What is the average size of the group you can shoot with those rifles? Three or five shots...doesn't matter.

I can hit 2 moa targets to 1550yds and you know that i know how to tune a gun so i am able to see differences at 100yds. They shoot like br rigs wilbur just like youd expect from me.

I dont plan on putting one on a br rifle if thats what youre asking. Im sure on a 1moa gun youll never see a difference except point of impact

Sounds like the various tactical matches would be right up Dallas' alley. They have tactical matches in Raton at the Whittington Center shooting several stages at various medium to long ranges as well in other states. Think suppressed rifles are allowed and preferred. Not sure about the legalities of crossing state lines with a suppressor. I have a titanium Yankee Hill that I reamed to use with a 6 mm bullet. It's fitted to a Shilen #3 barrel in 6 PPC chambered to let me use left over ammo from matches in it. First group out of it suppressed was a .237". It's about 11 ounces and uses a 1/2-28 thread. Don't think I'd want to turn down the muzzle on a competition benchrest rifle that far to thread a .900" muzzle for a 1/2" thread. Much less trying to come up with losing the extra 11 ounces needed to come in at 10.5 pounds.

yes he should check with nra/raton, but some of those matches are walk around..you carry very limited gear for a couple of hours.

Back