Sightron SIII long range

D

Dog-duster

Has anyone looked through one of these? I happened across them in the new Midway catalog and the specs seemed very close to the Nightforce BR (objective and tube size-wise) scopes but ligher weight. I've been thinking about getting a Nightforce but if these had decent clarity I might consider a Sightron SIII 8-32X. Aren't Sightron beginning to be popular (at least before March came along) with the point-blank boys? I also noticed the Leupold VX-3s 8.5-25X50s went to the Mark 4 line which means a boatload more cost for features I don't really need on a 1000 yd BR rifle:mad:
TIA

I've got three SIII 6-24x50 LRs & a SIII 8-32x56 LR on several of my LR rifles, and have compared them side-by-side with NF NXS scopes. IMHO, the optical quality is at least the equal of the NF. Though I've owned the SIIIs for a little less than a year now, their accuracy, tracking, & repeatability has been excellent to date. The only shortcoming in my view is the lack of options when it comes to reticles. However, the dot reticles of these scopes works fine for my purposes.

I have never had any problems with my SIII or SII Sightrons.The tracking is perfect.I did have problems with a Leupold 36.Until i hit the lotto and go to a March,I will be using Sightrons.I called them and registered my thoughts about only the dot reticle in the 8x32x56.They could at least offer an 1/8 in dot like the Weaver T36 I have.

Grab the Sightron and don't look back. The glass is great, the adjustments are reliable.... don't hate the dot. :D New reticles would be nice, but for now it only covers 2 1/2" at 1000 yds, and I can't miss that small.

Like the other's have stated. They are great scopes....very clear and bright.

I am actually selling a Brand new 6-24X50 with the dot. I need to get a Benchrest scope, so if any of you are interested in a trade or outright purchase, let me know.

Hey, I guess I should put it in the classifieds....:D

Back