Sightron Siii 8-32 versus 10-50

zanemoseley

I haven't gotten any response in the f class forum but I'm sure many of you use them for benchrest so figured I'd duplicate the post here.

I'm in the process of selling my Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 front focal plane scope and plan on buying a second focal plane with more magnification which I think will be better for paper punching, thinner reticle and more magnification should aid in aiming. My question is this, if I'm not concerned with the size of the 10-50 are there any other advantages to dropping down to the 8-32. I was always under the impression that a scope had better image quality while you were not at maximum magnification, as in clarity at 32x on the 10-50 would beat the clarity at maximum 32x on the 8-32. The price difference is only about $100 between the two, I just don't want to buy one and wish I had got the other.

I'm curious why you say they're not benchrest scopes? They are similar power to the Nightforce benchrest models and come in 1/8 moa click versions.

SIghtron's are good

I know a few people who use a 10-50 Sightron in short range score.

Jim, I have two Sightron SIII 10 X 50 and one 8-32. There all good scopes. I like the 8-32 but my old eyes need 50x just to find the target.

Daryl

Similar in power, does not make one similar in quality.
Tasco makes a 10-40x on a 30 mm tube, does not make it a 100/200yd GROUP SCOPE.
and some use weavers, but most use leupold, nightforce and march.
There are a couple of others, but seldom a sightron.
I have a nice sightron 6-24x, but i would not compare it to the other three.
Go to a match and count them.

I'm curious why you say they're not benchrest scopes? They are similar power to the Nightforce benchrest models and come in 1/8 moa click versions.

Sightrons

Similar in power, does not make one similar in quality.
Tasco makes a 10-40x on a 30 mm tube, does not make it a 100/200yd GROUP SCOPE.
and some use weavers, but most use leupold, nightforce and march.
There are a couple of others, but seldom a sightron.
I have a nice sightron 6-24x, but i would not compare it to the other three.
Go to a match and count them.

I own each a NXS 12x42 and a Sightron 10x50............. for half the money.......I`d buy another Sightron............. very common in "F" class and LR benchrest............

The american sniper, Chris Kyle, liked the 8-32x nightforce over the 5.5-22 nightforce that was issued with their 300 win mag rifles.
He did shoot at large targets.
Nightforce replaced the 12-42x scope with a competition 15-55x with a SMALLER front objective lense.

I shoot a 36x at 50 yd for 22 rf matches.
From what i have read about f class it is getting tougher and tougher. Save your money and cry once

Bigger is generally better, but quality counts.

The american sniper, Chris Kyle, liked the 8-32x nightforce over the 5.5-22 nightforce that was issued with their 300 win mag rifles.
He did shoot at large targets.
Nightforce replaced the 12-42x scope with a competition 15-55x with a SMALLER front objective lense.

I shoot a 36x at 50 yd for 22 rf matches.
From what i have read about f class it is getting tougher and tougher. Save your money and cry once

Bigger is generally better, but quality counts.

I'm more impressed with my 2 Valdada's than any of my 5 Marches or my NF Comp. I just wish it had a little higher magnification.

I said there were a couple of others.
Valdada was one of the names i could not remember.
Jackie likes his as does bart and company.

Some how i am betting this guy ain't buying one.

I'm more impressed with my 2 Valdada's than any of my 5 Marches or my NF Comp. I just wish it had a little higher magnification.

I have shot the 36X Valdada for six years and it is superb. I have also shot the 12X-42X BR NF, the 15X-55X NF, the 42X NF, the March 10-60 , the 40X, the 50X and the Leupold 7X-42X, plus several more quality scopes. The Sightron 10X-50X may not be the "BEST" scope out there, but I believe that it offers more bang for the buck than any other long range scope. If you are on a tight budget, take a look at the Sightron. Good shooting...James

Back