SHOT Show

MilGunsmith

Just wondering if anyone is going to the SHOT show in Orlando next week. The last time I was there I met up with Rustystud at the PTG booth, long conversation on gunsmithing followed. It is a good place to meet other gunsmiths and trade ideas and tips in person.

Shot Show

Kevin:

I have a pass but have not decided on making the trip. About 12 hour drive for me. I have heard there are many folks not going to shot show due to ecconomy.

Nat a/k/a Rustystud

Nat,
I will be going for work. The boss just OKed my travel orders yesterday. The reamer stops are working great, I tried to send you an email with a picture of the .50BMG sized one.
Kevin

Not going to ...

...make it to the shot show this year. I live in the Pacific Northwest in an area called the "Forth Corner" and it's about as far away from Orlando as you can get on the Mainland and south of 49. I'm looking forward to hearing this years reports from the Shot Show because there should be some really great presentations dealing with how we can start trying to preserve our industry in light of the new administration in Washington D.C.

I have talked to our accountant and attorney about an exit strategy to fold the corporation should some of the proposed bills come to fruition. The plan is to get out before the industry is completely gone. I would really like to go to the Shot Show to talk to some of the “Heavy Hitters” and hear about their plans. It could be that I’m overly concerned but I’d rather be the Ant than the Grasshopper.

Nic.

Report on Shot Show

I felt last years Shoto Show was off in comparison to prior Shot Shows due to the ecconomy. I have been told that Reed Exihibitions has had a large number of booth spaces come open from cancelations. Keith please report to us next week on your thoughts about both venders and attendees.
Nat

I'll be at the SHOT Show this year, because it's only a 30 minute drive for me when its in Orlando. The SHOT Show is always a good place to find new products, new ideas, make contacts and find opportunities. However, I won't have a table this year . . . . I'll be walking around.

- Innovative

probably next year...too far for the economy this time.

mike in co

The last few SHOT's were not very interesting to me but I do get to see a lot of my friends. This year several will not be there so the Reno Show which is the following week is my going forward plan.

Boss Hoss:

Do me and Butch a favor, go to the SHot Show instead of Reno.

Hey Butch and I may even go together! Look forward to seeing you there!:)

Looked at one of the featured rifles on your site. Keep on practicing and in a few more years of practicing your work may improve to the point that I will commission you to build a rifle for me. The metal to wood fit on the skeltonized butt plate on the 25-06 is just ok and the timing of one of the screws is a little off but keep practicing you will get there.:eek: If you need more in depth evaluations please let me know and they can be provided on a timely basis.:D Oh, just for future reference the tip of the stock (not the forend tip) the grain should be running slightly upward not downward.

Sorry Butch I had to do it! He threw down the gauntlet.:D Maybe he will learn not to pull my chain.;)

Last edited:
Lynn,

Everything you need to know is here--http://www.acgg.org/

This is where you will see the GOOD STUFF!! All you need is lot's of money lol!! So many guns so little money to spend!!:D

No Shot Show For me this year .

I have gone to the last 6 shows, and two years ago to the one in Orlando, I didn't care too much for the one in Orlando. Not sure why, they said it was the biggest that they ever had, I don't think so. I was with two other people and we could walk 3 abreast down the isles, can't do that in Vegas. I don't think I will go to them when they are in Florida.

I was at the SHOT Show yesterday, and it was jam packed. If it had any more people there it would have been impossible to move around. I've been to the SHOT Show several times before in Las Vegas and Orlando, and this is as good as it gets. From the look of this SHOT Show, you wouldn't think there was a massive recession going on. I made a few contacts that could be very helpful. Sometimes it only takes one to make the trip worth while.

- Innovative

Back