Shop Shoot ARA Indoor Saturday 1-2-10

dankillough

Danny Keeney will have the first Shop Shoot this Saturday at 10am

It is located in Rice, Tx just south of Ennis, Tx
Directions
2nd driveway on Right after Taking Exit 243 on I-45 South

Won't work with my Tom Tom

I put those numbers in my Tom Tom, and it takes me way west of Waco. Your link looks okay, and I think I could find it by just drive south on IH 45/ US 287.

That's an awful lot of numbers for a GPS coordinate. Have you got a physical address?

Google Earth

Ken:
I went to Google Earth, and found the Warehose described in Dan's Link. The numbers that Google Earth gave me are.
32 Degrees 15' 39.34" N
96 Degrees 30" 22.48" W
I then put those numbers into my Tom Tom, and it took me to the drive in front of the warehouse. That just south of exit 243 off IH 45/US 287.

That stretch had been under construction the last time we we om that road, and traveling south was the best route if you wanted to get off at that exit.
Not sure I will be able to make it, as Dorothy doesn't want to shoot that much anymore. No driver No shoot.

Thanks Fred. Dan had the right GPS coordinates. I plugged the numbers in to the first 6 decimal places and it took me right there. I just had never seen a GPS coordinate with that many decimal places before. If you have a Garmin, you can just change it to the correct format and enter the numbers in. Not familiar with the Tom Tom.

Okay, now that we have the location pinned down how about some more particulars. You're shooting 6 targets I see. How many benches? Is the place heated, lighted, baffled for sound? Do we need wind flags? Any idea of how many shooters are planning to show up and how many rotations? Is this going to be an all day event that we'll have to plan on spending the night? Inquiring minds want to know.

Can't get then to work

I tried Dan's numbers, and they took me nortwest of Waco. I tried to convert them, I have a program for that, and they still did not work. I've got the correct ones now.

Ken,
I am not sure, Call Danny Keeney 972-875-6286
First match at this location, he does have heat and I do not know the rest

Fred,
Your GPS coordinates might get you close to the driveway ~:rolleyes: ~ but Dan might have been taking you to a particular parking space. :)

Not on my Tom Tom

Doug: 32.261052740459455 N / 96.50604128837585 W are not the same as 32 Degrees 15' 39.34" N / 96 Drees 30' 22.48" W. From there I can see the building. From the first set of numbers, my eyesight is not that good.

Fred,
If you are coming from the & north go to the Coordinates you posted you might have to back up 68 feet to turn into his lane. With your eyesight that could be dangerous! (Of course Tom Toms are not noted for their accuracy so maybe you won’t?)

Maybe try these coordinates and you won’t speed on by. ~ :D
N32.260928 W96.506244

(A GPS can be a Dangerous Tool in the Wrong Hands):eek:

When I convert

That's the numbers I get. Most of the time, my Tom Tom is correct. Of course, on occassions, it puts me on the wrong side of the street.
For some reason, those first numbers that were posted, took me way NW of Waco. Might not need the correct info anyway, Dorothy said we ain't going.

Great shoot Danny and thanks for putting it on.
But more thanks to the ladies who did the scoring of the targets, we do appreciate it a lot !
Eddie Wells

match data

Any one know how shop shoot ara came out---boer

Couldn't make the first one

Bugs:
As you were there, discribe the place. Anything I need to take with me when I go next shoot. Are the benches set up for both RH and LH shooters? Dorothy and I hope to start shooting with you again.

Fred, 11 benches, lights on targets, benches just like Ennis right and leftys good, really good dry place to shoot, some folks said there was a mirage and used battery powered fans but I didn't see it.
I think Fred Rost won the thing with a agg of about 2262
Chris Peet was 2nd agg about 2168
I was third agg. 2162
Danny Keeney was forth
That's all I remember, there were 12 shooters total and Dan K was there with a bunch of goodies ammo etc.
Started at 10:00am and was leaving at 1:30 pm.
Going to try to shoot more in 2010.

Eddie Wells

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the opportunity to shoot at my first indoor shoot in Ennis this past weekend. I went with expectations of shooting an agg of 2300 or better. I was sorely disappointed. All but three of the 12 shooters aged over 2100. I spoke to other shooters about their indoor shoot observations and Dan Killough told me something that may shed some light on how to explain some of the wild bullet deviations that we experienced this weekend. Dan has noted that the more people shooting in an indoor range usually results in lower scores. I’ve heard stories about the ghosts of RR Barn as well and wonder if it could be the same phenomenon as wake turbulence. Pilots are well familiar with wake turbulence. It is turbulence generated by wingtip vortices on takeoff and landing, times when the wings are generating high lift. The turbulence can linger on the runway for several minutes particularly in calm air. It can create serious problems for planes attempting to take off and land and has been known to flip small planes completely over. Bullets traveling in air also generate shock waves and vortices which can linger in calm conditions. It would make sense that the more bullets flying around, the more unseen turbulence is generated. There was certainly no other detectable wind movement on the few wind flags that were set up and there did not appear to be any changes in air density hence no mirage except that coming off warm barrels. Just a theory I thought I would throw out there.

Back