Shooting Star Products

B

broadside

Does anyone know if this company still exists? I would like to buy one of the wind indicator signs that you put on your front rest. I've tried the phone numbers and email to no avail. Here's the website:
http://benchrest.com/shotstar/

Rick

Does anyone know if this company still exists? I would like to buy one of the wind indicator signs that you put on your front rest. I've tried the phone numbers and email to no avail. Here's the website http://benchrest.com/shotstar/Rick

What makes you think the wind follows that sign? When needed, and as often as needed, send rounds down range into your sighter target for the best indicator of all. :)

Wind Indicator

Does anyone know if this company still exists? I would like to buy one of the wind indicator signs that you put on your front rest. I've tried the phone numbers and email to no avail. Here's the website:
http://benchrest.com/shotstar/

Rick
Rick
I have one and do not use it.
I see the original price was $20.00 plus $4.00 for shipping.
If you would send me that amount of money (Check OK) I would mail it to you.
The condition is like new.
Lets talk

Cecil Peterson
Davenport, Iowa
peterson1@mchsi.com
563-343-5034

if he does not take it I will Jeff

Rick
I have one and do not use it.
I see the original price was $20.00 plus $4.00 for shipping.
If you would send me that amount of money (Check OK) I would mail it to you.
The condition is like new.
Lets talk

Cecil Peterson
Davenport, Iowa
peterson1@mchsi.com
563-343-5034

I have one of these too, there is a cutout that allows you to clip a timer on it. I talked to Gene about this wind chart once and he told me it came from a training manual used by bomber gunners in WWII. I suppose a tail, head, or cross wind at 200 knots or more would be impressive.

Shooting at Raton feels like you're dealing with 200 knot winds, which is where he mostly hung out. I suppose that was the inspiration... :)

The Georgia connection (rimfire)

The Georgia boys made something similar but better for competition I think. I don't think it implied the direction the shot would go but rather allowed the user to plot shots using magnetic arrows and dots - colored. The arrows are placed indicating the wind direction, a sighter fired and a color matching dot placed where the shot fell on the mini target engraved on the metal. This removes the guesswork as much as anything if you can't remember where that sighter went a few minutes ago.

The wind chart is the sole choice when there's no sighter available.

The Georgia boys made something similar but better for competition I think. I don't think it implied the direction the shot would go but rather allowed the user to plot shots using magnetic arrows and dots - colored. The arrows are placed indicating the wind direction, a sighter fired and a color matching dot placed where the shot fell on the mini target engraved on the metal. This removes the guesswork as much as anything if you can't remember where that sighter went a few minutes ago.

The wind chart is the sole choice when there's no sighter available.

The problem with any chart is that they only work in an idealized clean air environment. But we know the world at an altitude of 2-6 feet with obstacles and surface irregularities all around is anything but that.

Back