Shooting problems

dragman

Anyone else have problems going from gun to gun?? I just came from the range and I swear I cause myself way to many problems. I just got my hands on a new toy that I plan on flipping as it is just not my cup of tea, but wanted to shoot it first so that I could vouch for how it shoots. So I shot that gun a 7mm STW, then I shot my 243 Ackley sporter rifle that is built off a LRPV savage target action. Both of those guns shot very well. Then I got my bench rifle out 6.5X284 F class (slightly modified) and I couldn't shoot it to save my life!!!! It took me probably 20 shots to get it shooting well again. I know it is me, but does anyone else have the problem going from gun to gun??

shooting problem

Was it going from a heavier trigger to a lighter trigger? I can't shoot a 2 oz. trigger to save my soul after shooting one of my 1-1/2# or up triggers. - nhk

Was it going from a heavier trigger to a lighter trigger? I can't shoot a 2 oz. trigger to save my soul after shooting one of my 1-1/2# or up triggers. - nhk

For me, just the opposite........ Going from one of my 1-2oz BR gun triggers, a 1.5 - 2.5 lb hunting rifle trigger just "gets me"..
"Gets me" I mean using the trigger like a precision switch.... 1-2oz triggers are for BR guns that must have that "shoot NOW" capability.... When I go to a hunting gun and while looking at flags.... I still have that... Shoot....NOW....Jerk trigger ..Poor shot.!....... I have to uuhhhhh get back to the steady squeeze that a "heavy'er" trigger requiers....

Yes, I know squeeze trigger should always be the technique with all triggers... But, in reality (poor habits creep in)........

cale

I've solved the problem totally! Anymore I tend to shoot like a festering pile of pasture pavement most of the time. When I don't something has obviously gone wrong.

The gun that really drives me nuts is my CZ 527 in .222 Rem that has about 2 lb trigger which is not the problem. The darn .222 needs to be held just so because it's so light and the stock is not designed for bench use at all. Otherwise there aren't too many problems.

One gun per visit

When I decide to go to the range for BR practice then all I take is that rifle. If I elect to shoot one of the field varmit rifles which all have triggers set to 8oz then I still only shoot the one elected rifle. Going from the BR trigger to one of the others would mess me up for sure.
Andy.

Back