Shilen Octagon barrels

Somewhere we go from keeping it clean to excessive cleaning all in one jump. I just love it when we just make stuff up as we go along.

Somewhere we go from keeping it clean to excessive cleaning all in one jump. I just love it when we just make stuff up as we go along.

Heckler and Kotch made a 22 rimfire back in the 70's maybe before then with a polygonal barrel- i know i bought one new and it might have been a 22 mag but it was a 22 and very accurate -a very, very nice made rifle. I don't think the polygonal bbl just ever caught on in America -we thought we needed the traditional rifling.

I don't know this but i am told HK makes the Glock and it does have the polygonal bbl -no rifling which should be easy enough for some of you to check.

Now i haven't heard of 9mm Glocks having the bbl wear out excessively -but Tim we all know a glock bbl is 4 times shorter than a rifle therefore a Glock bbl would only need 1/4 the cleaning because it is 4 times shorter than a rifle.
joe:rolleyes:

J Gee, I don't know about your area but in the time it takes me to shoot 50 rimfire shots most of these people with the pistols have burned a case of ammo, therefore they require cleaning much more often than my lowly rifle.

Tim : I am certanly not the exspert that you are on rimfire rifles . I was reporting what I had been told by some close to me about the octagon barrel. I came here to learn ,this used to be a place where people like me could ask questions and learn more about this sport. It has become a place where some who want to knock down people trying to do better with what they have and what they may be interested in. I do take offence but then you really don't give a sh''''' do you. garrisone.

Back