Shilen actions

Harwal

Does anyone know if the BPS action has the same footprint as another more common action? My BPS action screws measure from where the recoil lug touches the action it is 1 inch to the centerline and the next action screw hole is 3 inches from the front screw. overall length of the action body with out the recoil lug is 6 1/2 inches to the end of the tang. I was thinking of re-stocking. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I believe that your action is not one of the current ones, but rather a completely different design, not like a Remington at all. If you want to put a stock on it, I would call McMillan, since there bedding is milled into filler. They can also do a complete installation.

Boyd,
I was under the impression that he had one of the new receivers. If it is one of the older flat bottom receivers, it will be a different story.

I went to their web site and looked at the action designations. That model was not listed, and I seem to remember the model from years back. Also, if you look at the length that he listed, it is a lot shorter than a short action Remington clone.

Back