Shamrock

G

Geary Koglin

Any word on the Shamrock? I know they were having nice weather today...I couldn't go.

Geary Koglin

The weather was beautiful, seventy-five degrees. Calm during the LV this morning, wind picked up during the HV. I wasn't able to stay for all of the HV this afternoon.

This was the first match I've attended and I was a bit shellshocked. I wish I had brought my LV and competed. Met some wonderful folks. Billy Stephens was the first to welcome me as we met at the target wall when I first arrived this morning. I looked up Jerry Sharrett as he and a few others tried to get me to compete. Jerry's a first class guy and took the time to talk to me and made me feel at home. Was able to put a face with several names that are familiar with benchrest. Probably the highlight of the day was meeting Jim Carmichel who I've been a huge fan of for years. His book the "Book of the Rifle" got me interested in benchrest twenty years ago. I'm just getting around to realizing that dream.

Me meeting Jim Carmichel
IMG00081-20100320-1024.jpg

Range conditions first thing this morning during LV
IMG00076-20100320-0853.jpg

Firing Line
IMG00077-20100320-0901.jpg

Tony B blowing a group into the 3's. He was not happy! Wish I had his fit on video.
IMG00082-20100320-1043.jpg

Some results

Heard that Billy Stevens wins 2 gun. Harley Baker 2nd. Wayne Campbell won HV 200 today. This all info I have. Hope some one will post more info later, Tony

Back