Shadetree Top on Sinclair Competition Rest

Markhor

I have started competing in Score matches and feel the need to upgrade to a co axil setup for faster Sighter to score target transition. I have the new Sinclair Competition BR front rest with the 1" threaded post.
Wanted to see if anyone has added a Shadetree top to this rest? How do you like the setup?

Thanks,
Ed

I have almost the setup that you speak . It is a Hart rest with a shadetree top . It works great . I would call Butch and speak with him , he has different options on the top. BallardShooter

I think you will find that you are making a fine choice. Butch Lambert makes excellent coaxial tops. Your base will be fine! Lee

Thanks Gentalmen,

I am sure it will be a good setup, just wanted get some feedback before I get it.
It will definitely help me with my shooting.

Ed

Good Morning Ed.

I have the same setup that you have. Mine works great. I did remove the wheel the adjusts the elevation on the Sinclair rest, and just adjust the elevation by loosening the adjustment knob and moving it up or down manually. After you get used to it, you will like it better than using the wheel which always seemed slow to me. Once you get on , or just below the target, the coaxial top takes over, and all is well. It is so solid that after each shot, I am on, or still very near the X ring at 600 yards.

Ken

Markhor, I have been using that set up for a while. the wheel and post i sold from the Sinclair and made a new better fitting 1" post with a 8 thread so it moves faster, or you can buy one from Hart along with the wheel, This a lot better set up. Then i replaced the windage set with a lot heaver spring and a Delrin button i made and 1/2 20 bolt i turned down to retain it. Replaced the speed screw with a 3rd. leg and added the Shade tree top and it flat works. Get it dialed in with the rest and use the Shade tree to run around the target.......jim

Everyone should not that he said " Sinclair Competition Rest"
Outside of that I have one on an old Sinclair top and I really like the Shadetree top.

Back