Secret Score match

There will be a secret unadvertised 100 yard score match at the East Tawas range of Iosco Sportsman’s Club this coming Saturday, July 6, 2019. You must mention that you saw this unadvertisement. The match fee is $10.00 and the match starts at 10:00 AM Remember, it’s a secret and it’s July 6, 2019. The gate will be opened by Andy Taber at 8:00 AM. Remember, I didn’t tell you about this match.

There will be a secret unadvertised 100 yard score match at the East Tawas range of Iosco Sportsman’s Club this coming Saturday, July 6, 2019. You must mention that you saw this unadvertisement. The match fee is $10.00 and the match starts at 10:00 AM Remember, it’s a secret and it’s July 6, 2019. The gate will be opened by Andy Taber at 8:00 AM. Remember, I didn’t tell you about this match.

Where would I be without my little helper?

As always, we will be shooting into, around and between the winds blowing in from Tawas Bay in beautiful East Tawas, Michigan. Located just North of town next to Jay’s RV. And to top it all off, the road construction is done and there isn’t an orange cone in sight.

Ooooooh.
It’s 10:00AM and hot and humid as all get out already.
I took Red T. Bassett for his, and my, morning constitutional and the deer flies are active and hungry already.
The Durango has to get packed up and Jan won’t help.
Woe is me.
I better get going.
There’s a match at East Tawas tomorrow. One hundred yard score and I’ll be there.
Next Saturday, July 13, there is a well advertised and publicized 100 yard score match at Harrison Sportsman’s Club. I have to do all this again next week. Fret, I mean.

You wouldn’t recognize the place, Steve. They lassoed the guys on a highway project and the fill sand, mostly, and other backfill was brought to the range for berms. The 100 yard back berm is huge and they moved the pistol range to right back of the club house with huge back and side berms. The firing line is concrete now and the roof overhang has been extended out further. They did a sneaky berm job for the pistol range on the left side and that will throw the bullets on the first few, maybe benches 1-2-3,on the 100 yard range into a torque slide if the wind is right.

Wow that does sound different! So the Right side (looking downrange) now has a burm?

There is no berm down the right side of the range. There were several of us that wanted one, but the board didn’t want to spend the money while the equipment was here. So we have a large pile of dirt in the back corner of our property “just in case we need it.”

Back