Seb vs Farley

Magnum Metal

I have one of the coax rests made by Scott Hunter and it is very smooth. It's also rock solid and the wait wasn't bad (about 2 months from the time I placed my order).

I have a SEB and it is a very fine rest. I have shot a Farley and it is a fine rest as well. One feature unique to the SEB is you can use it in a conventional format or in a reverse format. The conventional format is where the gun moves up when you push the stick up and right when you move the stick right and reverse is you push the stick up and the gun moves down and right on the stick moves the gun left. The Farley rest will go a little lower giving you a lower profile setup. The Farley is also a little more convenient to move up and down with the lock on one side so you do not have to reach over the rest to lock it down. The SEB on the other hand has two locking posts giving it a very solid lock, but you do have to reach over the gun to lock it. Farley makes a small rest that fits a Hart type pedestal and it works in the reverse format. I see advantages to both formats, only the SEB gives you both in one rest.

Shadetree engineering also makes a great joystick top to fit on a Hart type pedestal and works in the conventional format. Scott Hunter also makes a Farley type rest and it also top notch.

We are very fortunate to have such quality rests to choose from. Pick the one that fits your budget and your shooting style. You can not go wrong with any of them.

My opinion anyway....Kris

Seb all the way. Have shot off a friends Farley, and the Seb's travel of movement is way smoother. Both are excellent, but i'd highly recommend a Seb. Customer service is outstanding also.

I just bought a SEB and I am well pleased with the quality of construction and attention to details. I also agonized over the choices. However now that the SEB is in hand I know I made the correct decision for myself.

interesting observation.
At the first match at Luther in early April, I walked the firing line and counted 29 Farley rest out of 32 shooters. My suggestion is to go to a big match, if possible, and see what the top shooters are using. I am not supporting anyone, I am still a bag squeezer.

interesting observation.
At the first match at Luther in early April, I walked the firing line and counted 29 Farley rest out of 32 shooters. My suggestion is to go to a big match, if possible, and see what the top shooters are using. I am not supporting anyone, I am still a bag squeezer.

well the farley has been around a bunch longer....i would expect to see more....esp in tx....hell them cowboys can't even spell foreign.

mike in co

Back