Seb Neo Rest

Sounds like something we used to fix with a piece of electrical tape. On the other hand, a really good rest was 250-$300 and we waited for the Super Shoot so as not to pay shipping.

Last edited:
http://www.enasco.com/product/SB10760M

With a couple of rods and a right-angle clamp joint something like this (I am sure you could make it look way cooler!), you would have a forend stop with enough adjustability to cover just about anything. No offense intended, but "more expensive" and "not very important" don't sound like very good excuses.

Cheers,
Keith

SEB NEO Rest

Attached are two photos of the alignment issue that I previously wrote about.
One with a spacer that I happen to use with this rifle when shooting prone and one without the spacer.
Notice the contact of the rubber o-rings to the front of the stock….

Richard

Attachments

• DSC_1482.jpg
    DSC_1482.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 776
  • DSC_1484.jpg
    DSC_1484.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 719
Seb - make a solid rubber (coated) stop and include it at some price. Optionally, include a rubber doo-dad that fits over the stop for those folks that have an odd situation....OR...just tell folks where they can order it. If it were me, I'd just lose the stop in the car trunk or wherever I took it off. I've been beaten too many times by folks without a stop to even imagine a stop was important....but you gotta do what you gotta do. I really mean that!

I shot a rifle in Birmingham, AL that was completely legal (benchrest group) and would return to battery after being fired. I thought that was impossible but I was entirely wrong. I can (could) shoot faster than I can think so it doesn't matter much but that was a genuine eye opener. It wasn't COMPLETELY legal but legal in terms of what referees and other competitors checked at the time.

Anyway, back to the grind.....as if this wasn't the biggest grind ever.

Keith, many thanks for yours!
I am sorry with my term "not very important"... I didn't mean that a stopper is not important in a front rest, I use the stop most of the time myself, too. My 'thought' is just, I have provided a stop assembly that can be folded 90% & tilted up & down by a bit (in effort to suit various stock designs), easy & quick to adjust (even without tool), and option of rubber O-rings or smooth delrin.... This is probably one single item that has most changes in my rests!
Re; the height of the stop, some people ask it's to be taller (done), some others need it's to be shorter (done too, but then I make it in 'medium' tall).....some need the leverage to be longer (done), some say it's too long...some prefer the O-rings, some prefer the smooth delrin...and on....
My 'thought' is, people can easily change or modify the height of the stop by him/herself. For instance like what Richard did to his. Put a spacer (or a series of spacers), and voila! It's still pretty & work fine/functional, too.
The "heart" of my front rest is the head/coaxial unit.
The "soul" of my front rest is the smoothness & workmanship.

Richard, good job there! Many thanks for posting the photos! I like it.

Wilbur, many thanks for yours!
You're right, I would add spacer(s) and/or different stop design, soon.

seb.

Last edited:
Back