screamer

If you are asking about the max group size for a Precision Shooting Magazine "screamer patch" at 600 yds. I think it is 1.3" for a 5 shot group. The requirements to get a PS screamer patch are on page 106 of the July 2008 issue. I have misplaced my issue and cannot verify that it is 1.3" but I'm thinking that is right.

Rodney

Hal
How big is your group?
Waterboy

I had one each in Heavy gun and light gun that went 1.3XX"

I'm curious as to why the screamer size would be different from Heavy to Light gun since both are 5 shot groups...

Hal
It is easier to machinegun 5 rounds downrange with a 75 pound heavygun than a 17 pound lightgun is probaly the main reason.Out here we shoot 10 shots in heavygun at 600.
Waterboy

Hal, The 1.3" max is for a 5 shot group in both LG and HG like in IBS . However there is a larger max group size for a HG 10 shot group (NBRSA) screamer. I think it is 1.5" but again I'm not positive I still can't find my old PS issue.
Rodney

Last edited:
Screamer patches 2009

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screamer patches.jpg
    Screamer patches.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 290
Eggman
Last I heard Don Nielson holds the NBRSA 600 Yard Heavygun Group record with a 10 shot group around 1.7XX inches.I think it is now 3 years old and was shot at the 600 yard nationals.
Waterboy

If Don holds the NBRSA 600 yd. Heavy Gun record at 1.7xx then I can safely guess there haven't been many screamer patches handed out for 600 yd.10 shot groups . That bar got set pretty high.

Rodney

Current Records

Hi Hal.

The current records for a single target in the IBS are, LG .944 group with 50pts and HG .634 group with 50pts. I still have no clue why they don't count X'es for record. We shoot for percision more than accuracy. 5 X'es tells me that you hit what you aimed at in the center. If it was up to me, i would cut around the 5 ring and anything outside it would be nothing but air.

BMF,

Those are the Score groups with the small group as tie breaker. The small IBS group are LG 0.711" and HG 0.4xx"

Mark Schronce

Hi mark,

Are you going to the winter meeting? If you have 3 people that are interested in being on the 600yd committee, All you have to do is make a motion on the floor and nominate 3 people and vote. Larry and myself are stepping down.

Back