Scottish 322

dickw

What's Scot Brigadier 322 worth nowdays? We bought a lot of it years ago when I heard that they had torn the factory down. We've been using it ever since.

Old age and health have slowed down the shooting a lot. I have a couple of un-opened 8 lb. jugs left and am curious about the value. I've just been out of it too long to know what's going on...

Thank's,

Dick Wright

What's Scot Brigadier 322 worth nowdays? We bought a lot of it years ago when I heard that they had torn the factory down. We've been using it ever since.

Old age and health have slowed down the shooting a lot. I have a couple of un-opened 8 lb. jugs left and am curious about the value. I've just been out of it too long to know what's going on...

Thank's,

Dick Wright

Dick I have some Brig-322 from Mike Walkers stuff that I was going to bring to the Super Shoot for you.

At least send Gloria so we will have someone intelligent to talk to.

See here Sharrett...

I'm pretty certain that I will be down there visiting for couple of days an' I'm gonna come lookin' for you.

Dick

I remember Scottish 322 in the late 80's. Now this may be a dumb question, but where was H322 made during that same period?

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

I would guess that H322 during that period was still surplus??

Remember H 322 (the Hodgdon product) started as coming from surplus. The next product out the door for Hodgdon was labeled "remanufactured".

As I remember "322" has been made all over the world except maybe in Antarctica.

Scottish 322 was "the" powder...

back when we started getting serious about benchrest in the late 80's and early 90's. Most of mine is Scot Brigadier but there are a couple of part-jugs of Hodgdon's also. To my knowledge they tore the plant in Scotland down around in 1992 (prox) and Hodgdon started getting it from Austrailia.

I'm kinda commited to coming down for a couple of days so, Jerry, I'll look forward to seeing you.

Dick

Last edited:
Made in Scotland 322

This old Jug should refresh some memories. About six pounds left in this Jug.

Glenn

Gimme dat Dick

back when we started getting serious about benchrest in the late 80's and early 90's. Most of mine is Scot Brigadier but there are a couple of part-jugs of Hodgdon's also. To my knowledge they tore the plant in Scotland down around in 1992 (prox) and Hodgdon started getting it from Austrailia.

I'm kinda commited to coming down for a couple of days so, Jerry, I'll look forward to seeing you.

Dick
Gimme dat powda Dick, I needs Scot Brigadier 322

Jerry I'm sure Mike meant for you to get that powder to me. My Sako PPC needs it, and has been crying for it.
Dick I have some Brig-322 from Mike Walkers stuff that I was going to bring to the Super Shoot for you.

At least send Gloria so we will have someone intelligent to talk to.

Donate

Dick, have you ever considered donating to short fat shooters. Luv Scot Brigadier 322

Thank's,

Dick Wright

The powder is spoken for...

It's going to delivered to a good guy who bought my old heavy bench gun, Fatso.

As he said, Jerry Sharrett will have some out of Mike Walker's stuff. Knowing Sharrett, I wouldn't expect any donations.

See you in two weeks,

Dick

It's going to delivered to a good guy who bought my old heavy bench gun, Fatso.

As he said, Jerry Sharrett will have some out of Mike Walker's stuff. Knowing Sharrett, I wouldn't expect any donations.

See you in two weeks,

Dick

Awwww, Richard, Brig-322 is only $18.75 Imp Oz.

Fatso is gone? Awww, again!

Dick, I'll have you to know

I'll be referred to as Heaviest Fattest Varmint , not Fatso, at least be nice and say short fatso. Wish I could see you guys but just don't see any way I could make it, unless I could trade Obamacare for Obama gas.
I'll jest be here in Nort K-lina ," cry'n like a rat eat'n onions"

I'll be referred to as Heaviest Fattest Varmint , not Fatso, at least be nice and say short fatso. Wish I could see you guys but just don't see any way I could make it, unless I could trade Obamacare for Obama gas.
I'll jest be here in Nort K-lina ," cry'n like a rat eat'n onions"

Tommy, the name Fatso is Dicks old HV gun....man, I got Brig322 running out my ears!!

PS gasoline in Ohio is 50 cents/gal higher than it was at home yesterday.

That jug brings back memories. It's all dad and I shot in his 6 BR back in the 80's and early 90's. I looked around the basement last night and found one unopened 8-pounder. What's the shelf-life like?

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Hi Lee,
I have exactly the same powder, same jug, same everything and I bought that powder the same time you bought yours. As for shelf life, I'm not sure but I can tell you I still shoot the stuff with no problems. A couple of us old farts bought a case of the stuff back then when I was heavy into bench rest shooting. I also have an empty one pound canister of H322 marked,
U.S. GOV'T Surplus
Sug. Retail $7.99 and the sticker on top of the lid says I paid $5.99 a pound.
Dave T

Back