Score Shooting Hall Of Fame current standings announced.

Great job. Long time coming and I am glad to see it finally come to fruition.
One more goal to set for the future!
Mike

I was reading the HOF Outline and it says "starting in 2011 minimum attendance requirements must be met for points to be awarded". Where do I find these minimum attendance requirements?

Joe, I too was wondering so I asked Gary L. Gary responded that the minimum number of shooters is 20 in a class to qualify. Randy J.

What's special about 2011???

I wonder why 2011 was chosen as a cut-off year for minimum attendance??? It makes you wonder doesn't it? I'm not knocking it or anything, but being the curious type, I would love to know the rationale. Anyone know who was/is on the committee besides Gary Long? Randy J.

It's a loosing battle for 6 Power

I don't understand the object either, never have. When you have folks shooting who have broken records and who are HOF members, it isn't exactly as if there is any Cherry Picking going on. Same goes for Precision Rifleman Points as far as I am concerned.

Pete

Latest Update

Just today Gary promised me updated details of the HOF rules , but so far I do not have them.

U. S. Score Shooting Hall of Fame

The Hall Of Fame will recognize points earned at the IBS and NBRSA Nationals, this includes the 100/200, and the 200/300 yard Score Nationals.

1 Points will be awarded starting with the first registered Score Nationals of each organization.
100/200 yard Score Nationals, IBS Hunter 1970, VFS 1983, and NBRSA Hunter1980, VFS 2012.
200/300 yard Score Nationals, IBS 6 Power, and VFS 1995, NBRSA Hunter 2000, VFS 2013.

2 The classes recognized are Hunter, Var. Hunter, and Varmint for Score.
Note: In 1984 IBS added a second 6 power class (Var. Hunter) causing a reduction in the number of competitors in the IBS Hunter Class. HOF points will be awarded to IBS 6 Power shooters by combining the (2) classes, and awarding points to only the best score shot in each yardage, and Grand Agg.

3 Starting in 2011 minimum attendance requirements must be met for points to be awarded. The minimum requirements are (20) competitors per class to qualify for points.

4 POINTS:
(1) Point will be awarded for each yardage win.
(2) Points will be awarded for a Grand Aggregate win.
(2) Points will be awarded for a 2 Gun win, if and when the 2 Gun is officially recognized by The Score Nationals, and attendance requirements are met.
(10) Points are required for induction into The Score Shooting Hall of Fame

Thanks again, Dick, Gary and the remaining nameless committee members.

I like the idea of the Grand winner getting two points while a yardage winner gets one point as the grand winner is best over two yardages. The rationale seems to have been well thought out and I commend the committee for doing a great job.

Congrats also to the Hall members as getting those points is no easy task.

Back