Scopes

B

bartfrncs

Today I went to the range to test a 25-06 and was p!$$edoff at my poor optics! I need advise on what scopes are clear and repeatable. heres the problem Im cash poor so I have a low budget. Whats my solution?

You don't say what the rifle will be used for so I can't be more specific, but for best bang for the buck look at Sightron and Nikon.
My Sightron scopes have never pissed me off:)

James

Hard to beat the Vortex for the price. Also, the Burris Fullfield II is a lot of scope for the money. The cheap Nikons are no more.

I'll second the Vortex, I was so impressed I got a dealership.

scope

Price about 300$ whats a vortex

Last edited by a moderator:
For a hunting scope, it is hard to beat the Bushnell Elite 3200 and 4200 series. I have always been satisfied with Leupold also, and they make some in your price range, too. I find the Bushnell optics (only in the Elite series) to be easily the equal of the Leupold scopes. Mechanically, the Leupold are wonderful. The Bushnells fall to very good in that category. I put an Elite 3200 2x7 on a .270 and sighted it in yesterday. It is a very sharp scope.

Clemson

A fine scope idea for that rifle is the Bushnell Elite 3200 10 x 40 Scope with Mil Dot, Matte Finish.

Glenn:D

Cheap Scopes

It constantly baffles me how a shooter can go out spend many$$$$ on a new or custom rifle and then try and save money on a scope. The quality of the glass you put on a rifle should match the quality of the rifle. If you can't afford it, save, ask for it at Christmas, sell something and buy the best you can. It's a waste to do anything less. Penny wise and pound foolish.

Back