Scope Repair

B

Bones

I have a Leupold scope that was boosted by Premier Reticle years ago
crosshair fell Leupold said NO NO , now what ?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank You,

Call Cecil Tucker down in Odessa Tx. If he cannot, chances are he will point you in the right direction.

Why not send it back to Leupold? They are guaranteed for life. Otherwise Parsons in Cincinnati is supposed to be one of the best scope repairs in the country

Why not send it back to Leupold? They are guaranteed for life. Otherwise Parsons in Cincinnati is supposed to be one of the best scope repairs in the country

Leupold will not work on a Premier modified scope. I don't believe Cecil will do that work. Last time I talked to Parsons the were at least a year out.

Leupold repair

It's true that Leupold won't repair a Premire modified scope, but they will replace it under warranty. Last year I got a new 6.5-20 to replace a damaged one that Premire had installed a new reticle.

It's true that Leupold won't repair a Premire modified scope, but they will replace it under warranty. Last year I got a new 6.5-20 to replace a damaged one that Premire had installed a new reticle.

You were a lucky man. I just called Leupold and they said they would not work on a modified scope. They referenced this on their website.

Warranty Exclusions

Unfortunately, these warranties do not apply if the product has been modified, misused or has been damaged by accident, abuse, or misapplication. To ensure this doesn’t happen to you, contact Leupold Product Service before having any work or repairs done to your valuable Leupold optics. Call 1-800-LEUPOLD or (503) 526-1400.

Last edited:
They will fix a scope if it has just had a reticle change they will not fix one if it has had a power boost.
I think this happen just before Dick Thomas died because they would fix a boosted scope from Premier
This also happen about the time Leopold was being run from someone outside the family.

Scopes

My scope only had a reticle change by Premire. When I called Leupold I was told they honored their warranty on work done by Premire. The scope I sent to them was mid 80's, so around 25 years old. I received a letter from Leupold asking me to call them. That's when I found out they wouldn't repair my scope, but they would replace it. I wound up with a 6.5X20 VX-3i 30 mm, side focus with a varmint dot. The only cost was the shipping to Leupold. Things might have changed in the last year, but I was very impressed by Leupolds customer service. At the time Premire was working with Leupold scope there was a business relationship between the 2 company's, which probably explains my good fortune.

Back