Scope moving

on a Panda, if you use Kelbly rings and TIGHTEN the screws the scope will not move....period. I sometimes shoot a full length 308 Win with 118 grainers...no movement!!

Scope Moving

One needs to install a stake in the scope mount to prevent the
rings from moving. Kelbly's installed a stake on my mount at the SS.

Keyed Scope Ring

You can cut a shallow cross slot on the top of the rail right under the ring. Then key the bottom of the ring, and everything is hidden. A small dowel will also work. The pictures of the Ruger show a scope mounted with standard 22 dovetail rings. While this works fine on a rifle, the scope slipped on the handgun. I just thought this method would look way cleaner than Ruger's method, but after it slipped, I had to slot the bottom of the ring and install a key.

Actually , I don't think this will work for those rings. If I'm not mistaking, those rings have to be slid on the rail. At least you see a cool way to mount a scope on a rimfire handgun. Go with a stop screw or dowel in front of the ring. Personally, I like Mike's method the best, since as he said, it doesn't affect resell value.

Michael

Ruger Scoped.jpgRuger Dovetail.jpgKeyed Scope Ring.jpg

Last edited:
Scope Moving

One just has to drill and tap the mount for a set screw to be placed
into the scope mount. Therefore, the scope rings cannot move.

wow you guys can really make things complicated. look at the problem distance between angles of dovetail on receiver is "x" dimension distance between angles rings are cut wider sooo the more you tighten them the angle changes because why class they are pinched in further so only bottom is holding shim them up so they just slide on and they will hold you don't need a torque wrench or a piece of pipe to tighten them. jeez simple problem made so hard.

Back