Scope for Hunter Class

I remember hearing about the Myers way back and knew some existed but how many were made? Pete

Pete, several of my pals have/had them....Randy Robinett and Craig Nagel for starters. Randy was very, very involved with the development of these prior to George Myers untimely passing.

For HBR scopes, I used Leupold (Premier modified M8's, factory Leupold 6 A.O.'s with 1/4" clicks and the later 1/8" click Leupold A.O.'s), Burris, Sightron and the later model Weaver T6's. The Burris scopes were the most miserable things to ever take up residence in rings. :p Others love theirs. :confused: The T6's had excellent glass and rock solid adjustments right up until they broke (several of them). The Sightron and Leupold's gave me excellent service and accounted for lots of wins.

In short, a great HBR scope is where you find it! ;)

Myers 6 X 30mm HBR scope

I remember hearing about the Myers way back and knew some existed but how may were made?

Pete

Pete I bought this one new in the box from Barry Davis out of Bayfield Colorado. He worked with George Myers both building rifles and assembling these scopes. George Myers passed away I think in 2008 . No idea how many were made but I think Barry had one left when I bought this one 4 years ago.
Kelly Ellis

George Myers

For what its worth George Myers built the rifle the scope is on, he also had some special taper 30 cal/1-17 3 groove Lilja barrels made up so you can make the 10.0 and still have some barrel left.

Back