Scope checker question

I am going to build a scope checker. Working with hunting rifles and hunting scopes. Would a Bausch & lomb balvar 8 make a good scope to use as a fixed reticle scope to test against.? If not what would you recommend and how would I go about having a reticle frozen if that is the only option? Thank you for any help with this.

I have used a scope checker to verify POA issues with 40x and 45x LCS scopes. I used a trusted 36x Leupold as the "standard." The one LCS did change POA but it was a very subtle shift that was hard to discern except that it kept migrating in one direction. With a course crosshair and low magnification IMHO the POA shift would have to be quite substantial to notice any anomaly.

I am going to build a scope checker. Working with hunting rifles and hunting scopes. Would a Bausch & lomb balvar 8 make a good scope to use as a fixed reticle scope to test against.? If not what would you recommend and how would I go about having a reticle frozen if that is the only option? Thank you for any help with this.
I have used one of Charlie Hood’s for years. You need all the magnification you can get.

Back