Scarborough stock pics?

CYanchycki

Club Coordinator
Have I heard right that Bob is making what used to be the Scolleville stocks?

Is it possible to see a few pics of one? More importantly the shape of the keel of the stock? Flat bottom or rounded?

Calvin

Calvin

Go to the search mode, type in "jackie's new toy", scroll down about 1/2 way, that is my new Scarborough stocked Rifle.......jackie

Thanks

guys I did use the search but I did not look close enough at the pics of Jackies rifle close enough. I see that the rear of the stock is squared off and not rounded.

Jackie I sent you an e-mail the other day asking for your comparison of the BRX stock versus the Scarborough. Maybe your spamfilter booted it out.

If you want you can e-mail me at cyanchycki@mts.net with your conclusions.

I may not be able to get the stock I had hoped for and am really leaning towards one of Bob's at this time....

Calvin

Calvin

The Scarborough is a very well made piece, it is very light, (about 21 ounces), and stiff.
It tracks like a dream.

Most of these styles of stocks are pretty equal in their performance. My favorite Rifle for years, (currently in a Robertson BRX), won me a lot of Matches, the main reason I went with this new Rifle is because the old one did not have an ejector. Even though I tend to hunt and pick, I do want to the option of shooting fast in Group Competition if the conditions offer it.

I had the opportunity to purchase the Scarborough with a Chrome Moly 2-Lug Bat in it, so I took it. It has been shooting quite well in practice, but I am yet to shoot it in a Match.

Keep in mind, the Scarborough will cost quite a bit more than what the BRX does. But, bob does pay particular attention to every detail.

It is difficult to make recommendations on items such as Stocks. Just about any of the current crop are "state of the art". This might be another time where personal preferrence, and availability, might be the deciding factors........jackie

Pat

It seems to work just like the aluminum tuner with the rubber 'snubber'. I agree with Gene that just about anything you stick out there that can be moved will change the harmonics of the barrel.

I have made another out of some stuff called Thoraplast, it's a similiar material we use to make unlubricated steering bushings. I have it installed on my old Rifle, but the weather has been so crummy, I haven't had a chance to test it.................jackie

I have made another out of some stuff called Thoraplast, it's a similiar material we use to make unlubricated steering bushings. I have it installed on my old Rifle, but the weather has been so crummy, I haven't had a chance to test it.................jackie[/QUOTE]

Jakie, are you sure of that spelling for the material. I could not get anything relevant to come up on Google w/ the spelling Thoraplast.

David

David

It might be Thorplas. Look up Thordon Marine Bearings. They are a major manufacturer of a specific type of water lubricated Marine Bearing that we use in certain applications........jackie

Stock Pic

Have I heard right that Bob is making what used to be the Scolleville stocks?

Is it possible to see a few pics of one? More importantly the shape of the keel of the stock? Flat bottom or rounded?

Calvin

jackiesnewtoy.jpg

jackiesnewrig.jpg

Last edited:
Well I guess

I need to make a decision and wait for the stock I was hoping or step up a notch and spend the big dollar and get one of them there Scarborough stocks?????

I figure since I have to import an action into the country why not do it pillar bedded into the stock and bring both up at the same time.

Calvin

Back