Saw a nice rifle for sale yesterday:

The thief was dumb enough to try to sell such a specialized rifle back into the same very small shooting community from which he stole it?

The thief was dumb enough to try to sell such a specialized rifle back into the same very small shooting community from which he stole it?

I think it is a well established fact that there are some pretty dumb thief's around.
Almost everybody has heard about the guy who attempted to rob a bank with a holdup note written on the back of his own electric bill.

Pete, to answer your question, Richard is as tall as I am (no short jokes please...), skinny and a crusty old Navy guy. He's a good guy. He may be the fellow that scored the match, don't know.

I'll tell you it has been a real pleasure working with the Sarasota County and City Police. These guys take gun theft SERIOUSLY. I went to pick up the rifle a few days ago, they processed it and returned it to me quickly. I felt that they are building a good solid case and doing real good work in tracking down the ring of people involved. I expect to see some arrests soon. Of course thay can't share details but it sure felt like they were on the trail.

Yes the thiefs in general seem stupid. Trying to sell rifles like these into our competitive shooting community is STUPID. I think this is all a reflection on the crazy drug society we live in. Unfortunately various states are now encouraging the drug society...don't know where this will all end up.

Yes

Congratulations Larry, and nice job Pete! It is really heart warming to see a rotten situation turn out right. Hopefully the rifle wasn't damaged in any way. I was about to suggest that roasting the culprits on a spit over a low open fire would be appropriate. Then, I remembered that it's Easter, and that it probably wouldn't be very Christian, I'm sorry. Hopefully, you'll keep us posted on how it all turns out. Again, congrats. And a good Easter to everyone. Charles

Yes, Our Richard is the same one I believe

Pete, to answer your question, Richard is as tall as I am (no short jokes please...), skinny and a crusty old Navy guy. He's a good guy. He may be the fellow that scored the match, don't know.

I'll tell you it has been a real pleasure working with the Sarasota County and City Police. These guys take gun theft SERIOUSLY. I went to pick up the rifle a few days ago, they processed it and returned it to me quickly. I felt that they are building a good solid case and doing real good work in tracking down the ring of people involved. I expect to see some arrests soon. Of course thay can't share details but it sure felt like they were on the trail.

Yes the thiefs in general seem stupid. Trying to sell rifles like these into our competitive shooting community is STUPID. I think this is all a reflection on the crazy drug society we live in. Unfortunately various states are now encouraging the drug society...don't know where this will all end up.

Glad to see this turn out right.

Back