savage trigger question

I a'm sending my BR rifle to Fred for the evilution trigger this fall. However on my hunting rifles i have no problem with the accutrigger. Granted its no target trigger, but have you guys shot a stock Ruger, or Winchester lately. Try it some time and you may have a better appreciation for the accutrigger.

i own and shoot numerous savages, winchesters, and remingtons all made in the last couple of years. none of those triggers is anything to brag about, but remington and savage sure hype the crap out of there garbage.

If you really want to go the cheapskate route as I have on a couple of rifles, you can take that stupid blade thingy off the accutrigger and throw it away, cut as many coils off the main spring as you dare and add an EZ-pull trigger assist. I have done that to a couple rimfires and one centerfire that I did not want to spend much on because I will not be shooting them all that often, nor for any type of competition. The 3 I have done all ended up with about the same pull--8 oz. or so. Your results may vary and that operation is no substitute for the SSS triggers.

... you can take that stupid blade thingy off the accutrigger and throw it away, ...

amamnn, you are obviously not a gunsmith and have no idea what you are tinkering with. What you are suggesting is dangerous to say the least.

Back