Savage Lrpv

V

vicvanb

Last month Sportsmen's Warehouse had a promotional contest--3 shots at 100 yards on their target. Factory rifle with handloads. Groups had to be verified by a witness.

I picked up 4 targets and took my Savage LRPV 204 Ruger to the range. I had only just broken in the barrel and these were my first handloads--Nosler custom brass with WW 748 powder and Sierra 39 grain BK bullets.

The only thing I did to the rifle was remove a small amount of stock material from the upper edge of the bedding block and adjust the trigger to about a half pound more than it came from the factory.

I shot four 3-shot groups in a headwind of about 10mph with no wind flags. I entered the best group--about 0.12 inches. The second best was a hair bigger. Other 2 not far behind. Got a call that I won the local contest ($100 gift card) and they would enter my target in the national contest ($300 card).

I have posted here before that early results indicated my Savage is the most accurate factory varmint rifle I have owned and I have had a bunch. I hear that the LRPVs are variable; some shoot as is and others need help. Guess I got one of the good ones!

Last month Sportsmen's Warehouse had a promotional contest--3 shots at 100 yards on their target. Factory rifle with handloads. Groups had to be verified by a witness.

I picked up 4 targets and took my Savage LRPV 204 Ruger to the range. I had only just broken in the barrel and these were my first handloads--Nosler custom brass with WW 748 powder and Sierra 39 grain BK bullets.

The only thing I did to the rifle was remove a small amount of stock material from the upper edge of the bedding block and adjust the trigger to about a half pound more than it came from the factory.

I shot four 3-shot groups in a headwind of about 10mph with no wind flags. I entered the best group--about 0.12 inches. The second best was a hair bigger. Other 2 not far behind. Got a call that I won the local contest ($100 gift card) and they would enter my target in the national contest ($300 card).

I have posted here before that early results indicated my Savage is the most accurate factory varmint rifle I have owned and I have had a bunch. I hear that the LRPVs are variable; some shoot as is and others need help. Guess I got one of the good ones!

Don't tell Varmintguy,that your Savage shoots this well.

You got a keeper!

Start entering matches and win some $ with it.

I also entered the contest. Shot a .125 with my ruger M77 MKII!! I also got the $100.00 gift card-I wasnt told of the national contest. Great shooting with you LRPV. I have one in 204 but havent gotten it shooting as well as yours YET.

Back