Savage LRPV Rings/Base

jim

Need advice on rings and base for my new Savage LRPV in 223 with 1x7 twist. Will be using either B&L 6x24 or Weaver 36x - both 1/8 MOA clicks. I was looking at a Burris 2 piece base and Burris Signature rings medium in matte finish. Looked around a bunch today on websites and everyone seems to be out of these rings for some reason. Re-thought my choice - I have a set of Badger 30mm rings which I could buy 1 inch reducers for and then purchase a Farrell 10 MA base. Would result in a very heavy duty set-up - good thing is would add weight to offset a little the nose heavy feel of the rifle. Only concern is about windage - I have almost run out of windage before with the B&L scope on other rifles. The elevation is no problem with the 10 MOA base.

I would aprpeciate any thoughts on this proposed set-up.

Thanks

rings and base

Midwayusa.com has them in stock and on-sale for $29.95 for the Signature Zee 1" in mediums and highs - glossly and matte in the high. I just got a set to mount a T36 on my target action.

I highly recommend the Ken Farrel one piece base. Sharp Shooter Supplies carries these and the zee rings. $62 for the base in 0 or 20 MOA.

Luck, tiny

Try Gary Turner @ Talley Mfg, Santee SC, 1-803-854-5700 he speaks and understands all the different style Savage actions. All first class products, service and people too!

I'm using the Burris Signature Zee 1" rings with a 20moa insert and Warne Maxima rings on my LRPV and it does the job nicely.

Back