Salem Pistol & Rifle Club end of the year Double UL match 10/6

Pete Roberson

Salem club will hold a double UL match Sunday 10/6 starting at 10 AM
Yes I know it's on the schedule for 3 Gun and UL but it's NOT!!!
we need a head count on how many will be coming to have enough for lunch!
Hope to see everyone there for the last chance for a 250 Match!
Pete

Pete,
As of now I plan to shoot both matches. If sat night the forecast is rain and 65 mph winds I might pass.
Will let you know Sat afternoon.

Paul

Shoot

Pete wish I could be up there shooting with ya'll, instead we will be awaiting Hurricane Karen. Oh we'll, life on the Greater Gulf Coast of Alabama!:cool:

Sunday

Paul & Bob looking forward to seeing you!

Bill sorry you can't make it, remind me Saturday to give you your level.

Steve, I wish you could be here also, hunker down and I'll be praying for you and yours!!

Thank You

Pete,
Thanks for running the matches at Salem this year!
You sure kicked our butts shooting a 750 60X in the morning!

Fred the meatball subs sure tasted good and took the chill off as it rained most of the day!

Pete, I see in the afternoon match you slacked off some! Another 750 but with only 58X!

Was worth seeing you shoot 1500 118X WOW!

See you next season.

Paul B.

Congratulations to Paul Bendix making 3000

Thank You Paul!!!!

It was great to have you there for our last match needing and getting your last
250 with 21x's for your first 3000 !!!!

And to everyone else that was there THANK YOU ALL for making it a fun day and
helping set up and take down that's what makes it all possible!!!

Pete

Holy smoke Pete!!! You caught lightning in a bottle! Congrats to you and Paul. What a way to end the season.

The tough part!!

Bill,
The tough part was that Bob Griffin need two 250's, shot one and a couple other 249's but not the last 250 he needed!!
One of the 249's was with 23X's!!!!!!!!!!
Pete

1500 118x, unbelievable, congratulations Pete, that’s a score that will take some beating.

Congratulations to Paul Bendix as well for making his first 3000, well deserved.

IR50/50 looks alive and well to me !!!

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill,
The tough part was that Bob Griffin need two 250's, shot one and a couple other 249's but not the last 250 he needed!!
One of the 249's was with 23X's!!!!!!!!!!
Pete

Wow again! I'm assuming that conditions were near perfect - not that you guys can't handle challenging conditions. Who built those superb shooting rifles? We all owe Gordon Eck a big thank you for building us rifles that make us competitive in this game.

Wow again! I'm assuming that conditions were near perfect - not that you guys can't handle challenging conditions. Who built those superb shooting rifles? We all owe Gordon Eck a big thank you for building us rifles that make us competitive in this game.

I think Paul's is a Calfee put together rifle.

Pete,

We all knew you were great, and now you've gone and proven it! What a guy, what a score. 1500 - 118X, truly impressive my friend.

Paul,

I'm glad you too can enjoy the off-season knowing what you're capabile of. I mean, 3000 is a very tough score to reach and you are now amoung the few.

Congratulations to you both.

Dave

I think Paul's is a Calfee put together rifle.

I know, he shoots Brad Niese's old rifle. I was referring to Bob and Pete's rifles. A 1500-118X agg for 2 UL matches on the same day has to be some kind of record. Does anyone know if it's ever been done before? You can't shoot that without a great rifle and great ammo and a smart shooter who knows when to pull the trigger. A 249-23 ain't shabby either. I remember the days before Gordon was building us these fine rifles when we were chasing our tails with rifles that just would not shoot well. Even rifles that were sent up North from some big-name Southern gunsmiths in those pre-Gordon days were big disappointments. Gordon has made us NE shooters competitive.

Back