Salem IR50/50 3-Gun and UL, Sun. 6/7

Renegade

The Salem Pistol and Rifle Club will be hosting our second IR50/50 double match of the year this coming Sunday. Sign-in starts around 8:30 with the command to commence fire for the 3-Gun match at 10am. Following the 3-Gun match we'll have lunch(included in your match fee) and then shoot the Unlimited match.

It's been pointed out to me in the past that our concrete benches were a little too low for some of our shooters and I'm happy to report that the problem has been rectified. All of the benches are now 4" higher. I hope this will help!

See you Sunday,
Todd

Hi Todd, OH NO, a change in Altitude, how will this affect my tune, will I need different lot of ammo, will my old wind flags work, will air density be a factor. So many new things to consider and deal with..............

See you Sunday.............

Thanks Bob ... you voiced my concerns.

I'll be there.

Best,
Michael

Bob and Mike,
Just to put your minds at ease about the new bench heights, I'll tell you what we did....we used vibration dampening 4" rubber blocks to raise up the benches, thus negating the need for tuners on your rifles. You can take yours off and leave them home. We also placed an adjustable rail system between the blocks and the 400lb concrete tops, so you won't need your rests on Sunday, either. You will need to be careful of the quills we installed, though. I found a dead porcupine in the road the other day, and taking Wilburs advice, stuck them in the bench tops to further dampen vibration....

Oh, I forgot to mention earlier, lunch will be Porcupine Stew on Sunday:eek:;)
Todd

Sounds great Todd.... I ..er...really appreciate all the work you've done:eek:

See you Sunday

Back