Sako extractors

Sounds like there is to much room inside the bolt nose. I always bore mine out and silver solder a bushing in to make a nice neat installation .140" depth and about .005" over case head diameter.

Exactly! I have had this happen a few times and what Dave suggests has fixed it 100% of the time.

P1010018-vi.jpg

This bolt is for 223 Ackley, Bushing silver soldered into bolt nose. Nice tight fit on the cartridge base.

P1010021-vi.jpg

I had this same problem years back...

I had to remove the extrator plunger and grind the back part of the plunger cutout to allow the plunger to hold the spent case a nano second longer allowing the spent case to make it to the ejection port before flipping the case out. I also changed the extrator plunger spring to a lighter spring. The plunger ends up being level with the front of the bolt face after you grind off the back angle of the plunger to allow the plunger to move forward against the pin that holds the plunger in the bolt. I hope this helps.

The post above has a pic of a bolt...

The bolt plunger is below the surface of the bolt face. When it is ground down the plunger will move forward flush with the bolt face.

The bolt plunger is below the surface of the bolt face. When it is ground down the plunger will move forward flush with the bolt face.

I'm sorry, I don't understand.....Please elaborate. Maybe I'll learn a trick in here....

There is a small roll pin that holds the plunger inside the bolt

You have to take a small punch and knock the roll pin out. When you see the shape of the plunger you see that you have to remove grind a small amount off the back of the groove to allow the plunger to move forward and flush with the front of the bolt face. You probably will need to remove the roll pin and plunger and look at the plunger to visualise this minor adjustment.

Back