Sako Extractor in a Push Feed Winchester

Seems to me that the Dasher (or 6BR) would probably work just fine in a controlled feed M70, since there's no spring loaded plunger ejector pushing these short cases over against the inside of the front receiver ring during extraction. In one of those actions, with the blade-style ejector not coming into play until the bolt is nearly to the limit of its rearward travel, a short case shouldn't present a problem. Getting the BR/Dasher to feed out of a AICS-style detachable mag can take a little work, but if the empty rounds cycle out of these actions without problem, the mag work is worthwhile.

IMHO, the 6 Dasher is one of the most accurate & versatile rounds out there - got my first bbl in Dasher to use on my Nesika K Palma rifle in 2004, and was immediately impressed with the consistent accuracy & great efficiency of this little round. The positive experiences with that 1st bbl lead to having the same smith put a Dasher bbl on the old push-feed M70, and though I'd hoped to be able to use it as a repeater, it was so accurate that I had a great deal of fun with it as a single shot. If I could get it to eject reliably, I'd leave the bbl as a Dasher, and be quite pleased.

The ones I tried ejected. I know how that goes though, there will be exceptions. You might get around the issue by shortening the kicker spring a little and maybe the case won't get forced into the lug recess and make it slip off the ejector.
There might be a small margin between to much and not enough spring, all I know is it worked on this one.

Back