Sad news....

The "quiet man" Roy Damron passed away this past Monday night. Roy had a stroke the previous week and never recovered from its effect.

As many of you know, Roy always enjoyed your company and his time competing with you. Roy's family will have a service in Crane, Texas and I will post time, place and date when plans are finalized. Keep Roy in your prayers...

Roy

Sad news indeed, Jim. Roy and Wanda were some of the greatest people you could hope to meet. I always enjoyed them both at matches around the SW Region. At least they're together again in a better place.

Thanks for letting us know.

Scott

Last edited:
Being in a different benchrest shooting sport. I have also missed out on meeting folks like these. May he rest in Peace and may I met him someday. And all of the rest who had the samething in common with myself. Who have now left us and I would be tremendously honored to be able to meet all of them someday the good Lord willing.

Roy Damron

Roy was one good dude. A lot of people don't know that he really was a talkative person. He was always friendly but after Wanda passed and his hearing went he seemed really withdrawn and unsociable. He was far from it. The most friendly hard working guy at every match i ever saw him at. RIP Roy. You will be missed

So Very Sorry to Hear This News...

The "quiet man" Roy Damron passed away this past Monday night. Roy had a stroke the previous week and never recovered from its effect.

As many of you know, Roy always enjoyed your company and his time competing with you. Roy's family will have a service in Crane, Texas and I will post time, place and date when plans are finalized. Keep Roy in your prayers...

Roy was a true gentleman. He will be missed by all of his many friends...

Please keep Roy and his family in all your prayers...

Jack

Back