S.E. Ohio 600 Yard Shoot Scheduled for Saturday, June 7, 2014

Bill647

We will be holding our fourth 600 yard group/score benchrest shoot of 2014 on Saturday, June 7, 2014.

Please try to bring small bills only for match fees (i.e. $1, $5, $10 and $20 if you have too). Having to make change for larger bills is sometimes difficult to do and adds additional time to our sign-up process.

Range Location: 9736 St. Route 141, Gallipolis, OH 45631 (10 Miles West of Gallipolis, Ohio on State Route 141). The GPS coordinates (as obtained from Google Earth) are:

38 Deg, 48’19.22 N

82 deg 22’ 27.34 W

- 3 Matches
- Entry Fee $13 per Match
- Practice Time: 8:00a.m.
- Start Time: 9:30 a.m.
- 1 target per match (600 yard IBS) 5 shots, win by group or score, but if win
in both you only win group. Will also be doing closest to center. In addition, there will be an optional "best 4-shot group" competition for each match for those who want to participate.
- 7 minute time limit. Unlimited sighters.
- Light guns only. We follow the IBS Light Gun weight limit of 17 pounds and under, Muzzle breaks are allowed
- No alcoholic beverages allowed
- No bolts or ammo in guns allowed until command is given
- Bring your own food and drink (pop, water, etc.)
- Any questions, please call:

Don Whitlock - 740-645-1265
Bill Kosto - 304-633-9524

Of course it is your business I do not understand why you schedule up against Ibs matches that is the very reason I don't come an shoot because you guys don't shoot with us very often that is my two cents.
Stan taylor

Stan, I had not planned on responding to your comment, however, after our conversation earlier this evening I have decided to do to set the record straight concerning the scheduling of our shoots. As you and I discussed on the phone this evening, we go out of our way to schedule around the IBS shoots held at Harry Jones (1000 yard) and White Horse (1000 yard and 600 yard). Prior to Hawks Ridge closing a few years ago, we even factored those shoots into our scheduling efforts. This is done in an effort to eliminate, or at least minimize conflicts so that those who shoot at our range do not have to choose between whether they shoot the IBS shoots or ours. However, with only so many Saturdays to go around it is inevitable that there will be times when one of our shoots and one of the other shoots are scheduled for the same Saturday. This year there are only two such conflicts; June 7 (Harry Jones 1000 yard) and June 28 White Horse 600 yard). So as you can see scheduling "up against IBS matches" is not really a “significant” factor for shooters from our neck of the woods not attending more of the IBS shoots. I can’t speak for any of the other shooters, but I personally have other activities and commitments outside of shooting which also require my time and am somewhat limited to how much competitive shooting I can do these days. Therefore, I am selective on where and when I choose to shoot. And as the old saying goes, “charity begins at home” so to speak, meaning as I am sure is the case elsewhere, I feel I need to support my home range as much as possible first and other ranges to the extent I am able to do so.

Bill

Back