S.E. Ohio 2011 600 Yard Shooting Schedule

Bill647

Following is the calendar 2011 600 yard shooting schedule for the South East Ohio range. Hopefully the spring weather will be more cooperative this year and we will be able to get all scheduled matches in. Any cancellations or other changes to the shooting schedule will be posted on this forum as soon as they are known. While the schedule shows only 2 matches scheduled for each day, we generally also shoot a third match if there is interest in doing so. A reminder notice of each shoot will be posted on this forum a week or so before each scheduled shoot date.

Sat - April 16, 2011 - Matches 1 & 2
Sat - May 7, 2011 - Matches 3 & 4
Sat - June 11, 2011 - Matches 5 & 6
Sat - July 2, 2011 - Matches 7 & 8
Sat - August 13, 2011 - Matches 9 & 10
Sat - September 10, 2011 - Matches 11 & 12
Sat - October 8, 2011 - Matches 13 & 14
Sat - November 5, 2011 - Matches 15 & 16

Range is located on Fred Golden's property which is 9.5 miles west of Gallipolis,
OH on St. Route 141.
Questions? Contact Don Whitlock 740-645-1265, Francis Dunlap 304-675-2201,
or Bill Kosto 304-633-9524

I have never done this before. What are the requirements for getting involved in this shoot?

Sorry for the long delay in my responding to your question. Following is the information we post for each 600 yard shoot. We generally follow the IBS light gun (weight of 17 pounds and under) rules for these shoot, although we are not afflilated with the IBS. Our shoots are intended to be "fun" shoots with most of the entry fees being paid out to the match winners. Anyone is welcome to shoot with us. Last year we averaged around 20 shooters and expect to be slightly above that number this year. We start the first match at 10:00am with the third match completed by mid to late afternoon. If you have other questions, fell free to call me (304-633-9524).

- 3 Matches
- Entry Fee $13 per Match
- Practice Time: 8:00a.m.
- Start Time: 10:00a.m.
- 1 target per match (600 yard IBS) 5 shots, win by group or score, but if win
in both you only win group. Will also be doing closest to center.
- 7 minute time limit. Unlimited sighters.

- Generally follow 17 lb weight limit on rifles. Muzzle breaks allowed
- No alcoholic beverages allowed
- Cold range rules apply - No bullets or bolts in guns allowed until command is given.

I couldnt make it up the last few weeks. Life gets in the way. I want to come up and shoot Friday if you are still having the practices. Is it ok to come out and participate?

The 600 yard range is closed at this time for 2 reasons. (1) We are re-working the target area, bench area and entry road and parking areas. We will be adding 2 to three more benches and are expanding the target area to accomodate 7 targets where we did have 4. We will be working on this as weather permits with the goal of having it ready for our first shoot, scheduled for April 16. I will be adding a post to the 600/1000 yard forum when the work is sufficiently completed to allow for practice. (2) There has been a lot of rain recently and the entry road is too muddy to make it back to the bench area and the field between the benches and target area is saturated making it nearly impossible to get to the target area without doing significant damage to the field itself.

Thanks for the heads up. I enjoyed stopping by there a few weeks ago and am really looking forward to stopping out.

Sean

Back