Rookie Needs Help from the Pros.

Sounds like a plan. IBRSA site is showing 600yd matches in Rutherford NC and Tennille GA both are around 5 to 6 hours away from my place. My local range is limited to 500yds, I'll start shooting that this weekend and look into registering for the Oct match in tennille. Look forward to getting the experience.

I also received some good info from rsmithsr that has me on the path of building a 200 to 300 yard platform as well, since it appears the only competitions within a couple of hours of me are of that distance.

Thank you again.

I believe a lot of Fclass in that area. I made mid range Highmaster with my 6.5 x 47 , 17lb. Benchrest gun.
Not sure where you live but isn't Cool Acres closer to you.

I believe a lot of Fclass in that area. I made mid range Highmaster with my 6.5 x 47 , 17lb. Benchrest gun.
Not sure where you live but isn't Cool Acres closer to you.

I'm in New Bern NC, according to google maps Cool Acres looks to be 7 hours away. Still an option though since it looks like im in a dry spot with regards to comp shooting.

I don't know how it is for others because these videos and the entire channel originate from this laptop I'm typing on.... therefore all my defaults and hot buttons go right to the channel and sign me in as admin, but I THINK that if you were to click the video link then go up-left and click on the three lines in the upper left corner then click on 'home' it'll bring you to a whole pile of vids.

I've kept it "hard" because if I load the links up with "tag words" so normal searches access it it gets the sort of traffic I don't really want. I'm trying to fly under the radar and while the channel is "public" I basically tell folks how to get there when they have a question that I may have opined on in video format.

glad you enjoyed that one :)

it's been a lesson in humiliation as I burble my guts out onto an un-edited video. Some of them aren't very coherent unless you happen to be living inside my head, but at least I've got them archived in one place so's someday I can hopefully de-clutter the mess! It's that or go try navigate one of my terrabytes, or worse yet start plugging in from my mound of SD cards trying to locate a specific vid

Actual youtubers spend 1/3 of their time shooting footage and 2/3 editing it into something useful. I doubt I'll ever get the time.

I don't know how it is for others because these videos and the entire channel originate from this laptop I'm typing on.... therefore all my defaults and hot buttons go right to the channel and sign me in as admin, but I THINK that if you were to click the video link then go up-left and click on the three lines in the upper left corner then click on 'home' it'll bring you to a whole pile of vids.

I've kept it "hard" because if I load the links up with "tag words" so normal searches access it it gets the sort of traffic I don't really want. I'm trying to fly under the radar and while the channel is "public" I basically tell folks how to get there when they have a question that I may have opined on in video format.

glad you enjoyed that one :)

it's been a lesson in humiliation as I burble my guts out onto an un-edited video. Some of them aren't very coherent unless you happen to be living inside my head, but at least I've got them archived in one place so's someday I can hopefully de-clutter the mess! It's that or go try navigate one of my terrabytes, or worse yet start plugging in from my mound of SD cards trying to locate a specific vid

Actual youtubers spend 1/3 of their time shooting footage and 2/3 editing it into something useful. I doubt I'll ever get the time.

I did some searching after I watched the first one and found the others. That's a lot of video's, looking forward to watching and them.

I'm sitting on a job waiting for concrete, and trying out the voice to text function on my phone as pertains to Benchrest Central, and I clicked on the provided link. And I found the red button, this is not from my laptop and this is the first time I tried to access this channel from my phone. What I found is that if you can find a round red button it may just bring you to the home page where you can click on videos

Back