River Bend Gun Club Score Match April 9th Results

ScottD

We had nine shooters show for the April Score Benchrest Match at River Bend Gun Club. The weather was about as good as it gets in Georgia. Highs in the upper 70's, sunny, breezy, and a wonderful thin coat of yellow pine pollen. It is like wearing the yellow shooting glasses all the time.

We shot 200 yards first. Only three "stayed clean" on the first target, and by the end of the 200 yard shooting everyone had taken an opportunity to shoot a nine. It left the scores as follows:

1st Wes Burke 249-10x
2nd Bill Dittman 249-5x
3rd Dave Rabin 248-7x

Production class was lead by Wayne Hunt 243-4x

I (Scott Dittman) was neck and neck for the lead with Wes going into match 5 as the only two clean shooters left. Wes dropped one point to secure the lead, while I managed to shoot a nine that was almost an eight. Of course, using my usual mental incapacity, I followed that nine up with two more in the same match finishing with a 47-2x giving me a wonderful agg of 247-12x. While some would say I choked, I have an excuse - I have developed "shooters tourettes".

We moved the targets up to 100 yards and after a quick lunch started shooting again.
Guess how many people stayed clean on the fist match at 100 yards - that's right - only three. So after the shooting was complete, we examined the scores.

1st Bill Dittman 250-21x
2nd Scott Dittman 250-18x
3rd Miles Gibby 250-18x

Production class again - Wayne hunt with a very nice 243-6x.

So the grand came down as follows with Bill Dittman showing us all how its done.

1st place Bill Dittman 499-26x
2nd place Wes Burke 498-25x
3rd place Scott Dittman 497-30x
1st place Production - Wayne Hunt 486-10x

Congratulations Dad - good shooting!

I also want to thank everyone who helps run these matches - we are very fortunate to have a group of guys that are always willing to pitch in so we can all shoot. Jim, Wayne, Bill, Wes, Miles, Dave, Ray, Steve, Brady, Tom and whoever else I am forgetting. We hear all the time how ranges cannot get enough help to keep holding matches. River Bend is blessed with helpers, both members and guests alike. It makes for a very pleasant and fun shooting event. Thank You all.

River Bend Gun Club

Could you please send me info about the shoots at River Bend please.

Thanks!

Dave

Back