Rimfire F Class at the Stl BR Club

Wm Cook

Darn if I didn’t get some good news today. The St Louis Bench Rest Club sent out their match schedule for 2017 late last week and unless my eyes fooled me, I see that we added a rimfire version to our Thursday F Class competition. For me this is real exciting because I want to sample as many venues as I can at the STL BR club and this fits in well with a rifle I’m building for the Vintage Rimfire benchrest matches that are held on Saturday nights.

As it was I had spent the last half of 2016 working on a stock Remington .223 to be legal and competitive for F class. The last step in that was to put a 1 in 8/9 twist barrel on it and work up a load. As of now, everything is complete on the rig except for the barrel. The bases for that is a Remington 700VS from about 1998 or so. I’ll finish this project but the rimfire addition to the Thursday matches could be a lot of fun.

With the F class rimfire I think I can slide in with the CZ 452 that Jerry Kloeppel bedded for me last fall and I would be about ready to go.

To be clear I haven’t talked to anyone from the club yet but from the schedule my guess is that it looks like the rimfire will shoot alongside the standard Thursday F class but at a shorter distance. How cool is that. If you need any more information go to http://www.shootingstl.com/.

I wonder how far rimfire XC is behind the F class rimfire class??

A big thanks to Scott Pieper and the match director who I believe is Mark Berblinger. Thanks, Bill Cook

I read this thread with interest. I'm too far from there to shoot the matches but have a question. Are all CZ 452s repeaters? I ask because when I checked into
F class I was told that the matches are considered slow fire and must be shot loading one round at a time. Are there single shot adapters available for the CZ 452s or can they be loaded easily with the magazine in place? Thanks, Wayne

I read this thread with interest. I'm too far from there to shoot the matches but have a question. Are all CZ 452s repeaters? I ask because when I checked into
F class I was told that the matches are considered slow fire and must be shot loading one round at a time. Are there single shot adapters available for the CZ 452s or can they be loaded easily with the magazine in place? Thanks, Wayne

You can get a single shot adapter mag from CZ. I bought one after I got my first 452.

MRL,

I asked the same question over on Accurate Shooter and was told it
would be 100 yards using 200 yard targets.
Regards,

Joe McNeill
SW Arkansas

Back