Rimfire Bedding Question

bigh

I have bedded several rifles over the years, mostly centerfire and a few rimfire, I have a customer who brought me a CZ 452 Varmint, this model has a lug thats dovetailed into the barrel and a stock attachment screw for the lug , my initial thinking leads me to believe to pillar bed the action full length and under the barrel and out to and including the barrel lug, would like to hear other opinions on this. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have bedded several rifles over the years, mostly centerfire and a few rimfire, I have a customer who brought me a CZ 452 Varmint, this model has a lug thats dovetailed into the barrel and a stock attachment screw for the lug , my initial thinking leads me to believe to pillar bed the action full length and under the barrel and out to and including the barrel lug, would like to hear other opinions on this. Thanks in advance.

I believe the of the ones set up for BR they are done as you thought. Several guys think any time you have a screw through wood a pillar is good policy.

I believe the of the ones set up for BR they are done as you thought. Several guys think any time you have a screw through wood a pillar is good policy.

Thanks Tim, yes I will make and use pillars and probably epoxy the lug in place, or use a set screw, just wasnt sure about that barrel lug, I have read where some do away with it and just bed the action and use the one action screw, somehow that didnt sit well with me. Anyone else have experience with this model rifle ?

Back