Rifled shotgun barrel makers?

DanB

I was wondering if anyone knows of any custom rifled shotgun barrel manufacturers in the states?
20g in particular.
Thanks,
Dan

E.R. Shaw claims they do.

"Rifled Shotgun Barrels (available only w/barrel installation) $180 Rifled, Shotgun Blanks $143"

Last edited:
When H&K was with Benelli they put ER Shaw rifled barrels on their SBE slug guns...I have one. When used with the Lightfield slugs it the most accurate slug gun I own. I have Hastings,Mossberg, Rem, Savage, Benelli .

Dan,
Why do you want to rebarrel it? A relatively new model, it couldn't have been shot that much. Are you doing a special project?

Just curious,
Ron

I guess I have too much time on my hands. I've tried about 7 or 8 different slugs and I'm not getting the results I read about. My best results were with Remington Accutips. Near impossible to find currently.
Dan

Dan,
Why do you want to rebarrel it? A relatively new model, it couldn't have been shot that much. Are you doing a special project?

Just curious,
Ron

Over on one of the doublegun forums there's a guy selling 20 ga rifled hammer forged bbl blanks. Made by V-C, same company that manufactured them for Hastings. I picked up two of them for I think $125 Ea, maybe $150. Borescope shows they're really good internally. They do have a series of micro grooves on the tops of each land, but that might be a good thing with plastic wadded ammunition.

Thanks for the info. I also had a reply from E.R. Shaw. They do make and install replacements for Savage 220f.
Dan

Over on one of the doublegun forums there's a guy selling 20 ga rifled hammer forged bbl blanks. Made by V-C, same company that manufactured them for Hastings. I picked up two of them for I think $125 Ea, maybe $150. Borescope shows they're really good internally. They do have a series of micro grooves on the tops of each land, but that might be a good thing with plastic wadded ammunition.

I've tried about 7 or 8 different slugs and I'm not getting the results I read about. My best results were with Remington Accutips. Near impossible to find currently.

You might get better bang for your bucks by investing in some reloading equipment and some slug molds. Then you could find what your gun likes and load as much of that as you want.

Have you managed to recover any of the slugs intact? So they show any signs of the rifling being stripped? There's a lot of variation in slug and barrel size with shotguns; it's entirely possible to wind up with so much clearance the rifling doesn't get a good grip on the slug.

If that's part of the problem it's a relatively easy fix if you're reloading; ye olde paper patch, which involves a modest amount of labor but works just fine.

Savage Arms make a 20 ga bolt action called the 220 Slug Gun.

Looks like a great place to start trying to have a very accurate Slug Gun.

Back