RF F-Class anyone?

I haven't yet, but plan to in the next couple of months. I may try to make one of your matches this summer if we make it to Little Rock for a weekend.

Keep us updated and post some pictures if you can.

Shot RF F/Class

We have been shooting F/class at our range (LAR&R) for over a year, our chief Range officer is one of the people responsible for helping to get it accepted by the NRA. I just got back from the Western Wild Cat in Phoenix Arizona for the 6400 prone, and the had an F/class division. tough competition, but a lot of fun.

Haven't tried it yet... I'll probably order a few targets to try it out before we get too serious about it.

Question on the targets... I see section 17 mentions the A-50 (50yd) / A-51 (50m) or A-33 (100yd), and refers to section 19.4... which mentions those but also the A-27/6 target. What else is the difference between those targets? From the pictures on pistoleer.com, the A-51 has a *much* smaller center than the A-27/6... anything else? Why would they even mention the A-27/6 if it isn't an equivalent target?

Haven't tried it yet... I'll probably order a few targets to try it out before we get too serious about it.

Question on the targets... I see section 17 mentions the A-50 (50yd) / A-51 (50m) or A-33 (100yd), and refers to section 19.4... which mentions those but also the A-27/6 target. What else is the difference between those targets? From the pictures on pistoleer.com, the A-51 has a *much* smaller center than the A-27/6... anything else? Why would they even mention the A-27/6 if it isn't an equivalent target?

I believe that A-27 is a 50 meter reduced to 50 yd.

Weird... thought I replied to this already. Must have not clicked 'submit' before closing the tab <shrug>

According to the product descriptions on pistoleer.com, both the A-51 and the A-27 are 50yd reduced versions of the A-50 and A-26 50m targets. Again, why are there two different targets for the same distance? One is apparently much older - 1990s vs. only a few years ago - but I'm not sure if that more recent update was anything other than making a 6 bull (vs. 5 bull) target.

We have dabbled with it last year at our local gun club (West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club) in SE WI.
http://www.wbbsc.com/

The plan is to have a regular monthly league through the spring-summer-fall and some possible matches.

We initially had issue with getting the proper targets, and are shooting it at 100 yards.
Can be difficult to see the holes with the black bull at that distance.

Wish the NRA would allow a different "NBRSA/IBS style" target with black scoring rings on a "buff" paper background.
(As we made a few like this ourselves and it made a MAJOR difference in being able to see the holes through the rifle scope while shooting!)

Hope this does take off elsewhere.

Would also like to hear of other places do this too!

Matches have returned to SE WI

If you live in Wisconsin please give these matches a try.
As they have returned for this year and 2 months are already in the books.
A lot of fun, with a great group of guys.
New people are very much welcome, you do NOT need to be a club member as these are open to everyone.

A few pictures of the last match can also be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/westbendbartonsportsmansclub

Club website:
http://www.wbbsc.com/
Check out the club calendar, usually the 4th Sunday of the month.

Weird... thought I replied to this already. Must have not clicked 'submit' before closing the tab <shrug>

According to the product descriptions on pistoleer.com, both the A-51 and the A-27 are 50yd reduced versions of the A-50 and A-26 50m targets. Again, why are there two different targets for the same distance? One is apparently much older - 1990s vs. only a few years ago - but I'm not sure if that more recent update was anything other than making a 6 bull (vs. 5 bull) target.

Monte:

Pretty easy to explain, in conventional prone there usually is a 50y, 50m and 100y stages. However, some ranges do not have a 50m line, so they created a 50m reduced target to shoot at 50y. Would still have the same type of matches, just 2 yard lines instead of three.

To me, the reduced targets are actually harder to shoot than the actual targets at the 50m line. Very similar, but I always thought it was more challenging.

Fclass are using the Metric prone targets, they are not easy.

Hope that makes it more clear.

Morgen

Back in April I announced that my club was holding smallbore f class matches and thought I would put up a post as a follow up. The matches are doing well, although we wish interest would grow more but the matches are well attended and some very decent scores are being shot! Current high score is a 397-27X with quite a few 394--395 and so forth. The events are challenging and a lot of fun with a great group of guys. We are hoping to have NRA approved tournaments by September and October. Please check our website at wbbsc.com/. and then select rifle shooter page for the results. If you are near us, come shoot a match!

Our Smallbore F-Class matches at my local club are coming to an end for the season.
As state previously our match director has submitted paperwork to the NRA for us to run an "approved" match.
We have still not yet heard back from them...

Our last shoot for the season is Sunday October 25th.
So we are hoping to have an NRA Approved 80 round match at that time to close out the year.

Check out our club's website at: http://www.wbbsc.com/ for more information.
Check out the Rifle Shooter tab/page at: http://www.wbbsc.com/rifle.htm
for more information, and scroll down to see the season's scores thus far.

We will post again once we hear back from the NRA.

Back