Reticle for nf scope

Bijagos

I ´ve been using a a Weaver T36 and I like it.
Now I need another scope and have a good opportunity on a NF 12-42x56BR scope.
It´s use will be for benchrest score shooting 100 to 300 yards,
The only reticles available right now at this dealer are the NP-R2, NP-2DD and CH-2,
I understand that reticle choice is very much a personal preference, but since I´ll not be able to have an experience with all this reticles, I would like to know, from your experience, what reticle will be more adequate for this pourpose (100 to 300 yards BR), or if there is any shortcoming with any of them,

Best regards
Luis

Not many NF users here mainly due to weight. When it comes to br shooting get the one that doesnt look like youre shooting thru a briar patch so pick the one with the least amount of unnecessary junk etched onto the recticle. A simple x hair or x hair with dot is what we prefer. No need to have MOA drops in there. Have you seen a horus vision recticle? I have one in a S&B and cant imagine trying to shoot that at paper.

NF 12x42

I have a 30br with a NF 12x42 with the CH-2 reticle. Cross hairs with a dot, weighs under 13,5 # even with weight in the stock.

I can't say which you would prefer, but either the CH 2 or the NP-DD work for most of us who use NF scopes. Look on the NF website and you can get a pretty good idea of what your choice will be.

Rick

Ch-2

Love this reticule, from center of dot to start of cross hair and/or the vertical is 1/2 MOA.

Really helps to have this as the wind changes.

Thank you all for the input,
Taking it all into account and the smaller (central) dot of the NP-2DD vs the CH-2 dot, and what looks like giving a more "clear view", I´ll go with the 2DD,
Best Regards
Luis

Reticle for nf

I have several NF BR 12-452 and a March 20-60, all with .125 dot. I recently found it is easier to hold off with a regular fine reticule than a dot. Unfortunately, NF no longer has the CH1 available. I bought a Sightron 10-60 with fine xhair and it does exactly what I want it to do.

First the 12-42 BR is the heaviest of the NF. scopes at 36 oz. The new comp series will save you 8 oz. A March 10-60 will save you 13oz. In HV. with a BR series scope you will have to use the light end of a LV. barrel……. For a recital i like a 3/32 dot……. jim

Last edited:
Back