Results of the Isabella County Sportsman's Club 100 Yd Score Shoot 4-22-17

pikedrop

The Isabella County Sportsman's Club (Mt. Pleasant, MI) hosted a 100 yard score shoot on Saturday, April 22, 2017.

The match was sponsored by Jay's Sporting Goods of Clare, MI.

Twenty competitors showed up with some driving as far as 3 hours. We shot on adjacent ranges (the 100 yard range and the 300 yard range). The first relay commenced firing at 10:00am and the last shot was fired at 1:00pm.

I would like to thank Mike and Christy Johnston, Steve and Margie Robbins, Alex Murray, Jim Militello, Harry Ross, and Dick Wright for helping with the range setup, target scoring, and all the other little things that make a great match possible! Thank you to the 13th power!

Jeff Aberegg was gracious to offer $50.00 to the competitor who shoots the highest score and the smallest group at Isabella for the 2017 season in honor of Brian Albee who passed away last year. We sure miss his 'crying' after the matches. He had a way with wailing about loads, the rifle, or the wind.

Now onto the results...
The VFS Class was hotly contested from start to finish. Matt Dardas won the race with a 250-21X. Matt won $20.00 cash, a $20 gift certificate from Jay's Sporting Goods, and the Isabella County Sportsman's Club winner's pin. Hot on his heels was that world famous (load em at home guy) Jim 'Hutch' Hutchison with a fine 250-19X. Jim won $10.00 cash. And rounding out the Master Class was Jim Militello with his excellent 250-17X. Jim won $5.00 cash. The Sandbagger Class was won by none other than Larry (call me Hop Along) Feusse with his 245-14X.

The Factory Rifle Class had 5 competitors shooting for the $20.00 cash top slot, the $20.00 Jay's Sporting Goods Gift Certificate, and the Isabella Winner's Pin. That guy from out west, Dudley Pierce, won the Factory Rifle Class with a fantastic 249-19X. He dropped one point on his last target. that is still excellent shooting for a factory rifle Dudley! Coming in second place was Dick Hall with his fine 238-7X. And rounding out the Sandbagger Class in Factory was Jim (birthday boy) Dyke with a 95-1X.

Attached are the results.

We will be shooting a 25 shot group match on May 13. Attached is the schedule.

Oh, and the Iosco County Sportsman's Club (Located in Tawas, MI) will be hosting a 100 yard 25 shot score match on May 6. Contact Andy Taber for further information. And I am sure that he will be posting the notice shortly.

Just the messenger boy...

Matt

Attachments

• 2017 Isabella Match Schedule 4-10-17.pdf
    105.4 KB · Views: 203
  • Isabella 100 Yd Score Match 4-22-2017.pdf
    60.4 KB · Views: 224
Thanks to Matt and the whole crew for a well run match at a very nice facility. Now if I can only figure out that wind.

Nice shooting Matt! Congrats on your win. Any day you beat Hutch... :)

Al, you are sure correct on that! Hutch is the gage (no pun intended Larry) by which all others judge themselves at the match. I have learned a lot from Hutch (and he probably doesn't know it until now) by listening to him. The wind conditions that we had on Saturday were challenging to say the least. And with Hutch shooting a 6 and finishing with 19X's was phenomenal in my book!

You have to come out Al. We sorely miss you!

Matt

Back