Results of the Isabella County Sportsman's Club 100 Yd Group Shoot 5-13-2017

pikedrop

Attached are the results of the Isabella County Sportsman's Club 100 group shoot sponsored by Jay's Sporting Goods of Clare MI that was held on May 13, 2017. Mr. Dick Wright will provide the full color commentary in the next post. I would like to send huge thank you's out to Christy Johnston for working the computer (registration - entering scores and printing the results, Alex Murray, Ken Bombalski, Mike Johnston, and a whole host of others who setup the target holders and took them down, Big Al Walewski, Jim 'Hutch' Hutchison, and Jeff Aberegg 'The Winner!' for serving as range officers, Dick Wright for scoring all of the targets, Jay's Sporting Goods for sponsoring the match with their $20.00 gift certificates, Steve Robbins for organizing the target frames, preparing the targets, and a ton of other stuff, Harry Ross for being the emcee and onsite accountant, and everyone else for coming out to the Isabella County Sportsman's Club for attending a terrific match! 20 competitors - WOW!

And I will also thank the Isabella County Sportsman's Club for hosting this event as well. The next match is June 10 and it is a 100 yard score match.

Just the messenger boy...

Matt
20170513_094411.jpg

20170513_094433.jpg

20170513_094438 (1).jpg

20170513_104749.jpg

20170513_104803.jpg

Attachments

• Isabella 100 Yd Group Match 5-13-2017.pdf
    46.3 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Another successful match at ICSC... This has been a very good year so far. Many of the shooters who fired in the Harrison Sportsmans Club matches, started in 1991, all those years are now shooting at ICSC. I count thirteen of the twenty competitors as being Harrison shooters including Hutch, Gage and Aberegg who shot from the very first.

Nice day... started a tad chilly and quickly warmed up to perfect benchrest weather... sunny, mid-60's with a slight breeze. We had twenty shooters not all of whom spoke kindy of the gentle breezes. (The range always looks friendly to me when I'm not shooting.) Since a few of our regulars did not show up, we should have even more in upcoming matches.

The range has thirteen firing points so we can handle twenty-six competitors before we have to go to three relays... we want to have three relays. Matt is running the matches smoothly enough to allow us plenty of time to shoot, clean, etc, and get done in plenty of time to repair to the bar and still get home early enough to do whatever on Saturday evening... even those who drive a long way. FWIW I had the best bar burger Saturday I've had in years... If you weren't there you missed a treat. It's called the "Judge's Bench" and it's in beautiful downtown Winn, MI, a scant mile or two from the range.

A few notes... Jeff won the Varmint class by shooting three 2's and two 1's for a .2166 agg. Bob Zimmer won Factory Class with a good .5040" agg... One new competitor, John Benson, shot very well in his first BR match with two small groups of .159" and .124" (The small group of the day). This is the same Johnny Benson we used to watch driving in NASCAR. Obviously, he shoots like he drives. He even brought his daughter who also shot.

Thanks to the club and Jay's Sporting Goods of Clare, we are able to give better prizes to winners than is possible in most club matches. Class winners (both classes) get twenty-bucks from the club, a twenty dollar gift certificate from Jay's and a club pin. I've always liked these pins, they are very well done and I have a fairly large collection from back in the day, many years ago, when I could shoot straight.

People think enough of these matches to drive quite a distance for a one-agg match... Lee Hachigan came from the Detroit area, Bob Zimmer from Indian River, Kurt Schultz from Posen, Kip Jones from the Jackson, Dudley from the Grand Rapids area and Hutch and Gage from Flint. This is off the top of my head... I'm probably missing somebody.

Next match, a score shoot, is on 10 June. See you there.

Dick Wright

Last edited:
Special Note To The Bensons'

Johnny and Mikayla,

It was a blast to have you shooting with us and I know that I am also speaking for the rest of the 'gang'. Both of you shot extremely well. And it was a hoot to visit with you during the match. I sure hope that Jimmy Dyke brings you out to the rest of the matches! He sure can obviously coach both of you at the same time!

We will all be looking forward to seeing you again in June (the 10th) and share some stories.

Matt

Back