Rest top

S

stdukehart

Looking to upgrade the top on my Caldwell BR rest. Who is making a good (left hand) windage adjustable top, non joystick, these days I can bolt onto my stem? Thanks

St. Duke.

Go to www.sinclairintl.com and search the following pn# 04-9975 as this is what you may be looking for. Windage, non-joystick for a lefty.

Hope this helps....

Rod

Beware I dont believe that the Sinclair top will fit the caldwell base.
I have a shade tree but its a joystick and not what you requested.
I did have a caldwell base and windage top, but I had to rework the top to take out the slop.

I think joy stick rests are the best for FClass. A regular windage top means you have to get out of your shooting position to make an adjustment, unless you have arms as long as a gorilla. Just move the joystick while you are on the gun and shoot.
Butch

An as I remember Butch can make the Shade Tree fit a Caldwell base.

Greetings all. The Sinclair post is smaller than the Caldwell post and won't fit the Caldwell base (Ask me how I know :rolleyes:) But, I did put a Sinclair non-windage top on a Caldwell post. I used loctite blue and tightened the screw as hard as I could without stripping the head.

I also have a Fudd windage top that Scott Hamilton makes. Very nice. I told him I had the Caldwell post and he made the top to fit-

http://www.benchrestspecialties.com/Micro-adj.htm

Cheers,

Mark

Caldwell uses !" and 7/8" post. The smaller size is acme thread. The Bald Eagle, Hart, and Sinclair have 3/4" post. It is no trouble to install the appropriate post and use Loctite 638 Green retaining compound.
Butch

I own a Farley Coaxial that me and my Dad shared at competitions until he got a shadetree top from Butch and instaled it on my old caldwell base. he now prefers this setup to the Farley. It works better for him and I have shot on it and I would not have a second thought about useing it if I left the farley at home or it broke. You can buy the Shadetree with no worries about its function or quality. I will be buying another soon since my Girlfriend is intrested in shooting next year after some more practice. Butch thanks for making a great product and keep it up.

Guys;
Talk about bringing a thread back from the dead, it was 3 months ago. Got the Greenlaw top and it works great, I may even buy his base and sell off the Caldwell.

Back