Request your opinion for a scope

marchboom

Have a 26" bbl AR used primarily for coyote and PD hunting. Max range probably 500-600 yds. I have narrowed my choice of a scope to the following:

Nikon M-223 4-16x42 with BDC 600 reticle, OR

Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 with Dead Hold BDC and 30mm tube.

Would the extra power with the Vortex be beneficial or no big deal at the distance I'm shooting?

With the M-223 using Monarch glass would this be equal to the Vortex?

Any other info would be appreciated.

Thanks

My personal preference is 30 mm tubes.
I just happen to have a new in the box
leupold 6.5-20x40 30mm tube for sale.
Msrp is 999, delivered usa is $750
It is silver.
Always consider spending as much on your
scope as you did on the rifle.

Vortex Viper

Have a 26" bbl AR used primarily for coyote and PD hunting. Max range probably 500-600 yds. I have narrowed my choice of a scope to the following:

Nikon M-223 4-16x42 with BDC 600 reticle, OR

Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 with Dead Hold BDC and 30mm tube.

Would the extra power with the Vortex be beneficial or no big deal at the distance I'm shooting?

With the M-223 using Monarch glass would this be equal to the Vortex?

Any other info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Suggest you go with the Vortex Viper. That's what is on my AR. 30MM is the way to go for light gathering. The Vortex is made in the USA and the glass is excellent. Love mine. Good luck -----Bill

actually made in the phillipines, designed in the usa

Suggest you go with the Vortex Viper. That's what is on my AR. 30MM is the way to go for light gathering. The Vortex is made in the USA and the glass is excellent. Love mine. Good luck -----Bill

I just installed a Viper 6x24x50 and a muzzle brake on a friends 300 wby mag vanguard. Great scope, you can see 30 cal bullet holes at 200 yards easily on 18 power. Have read the manual once but need to read again to understand the features of this scope. Great glass.

Back